vB4.1.5 - xF1.04 Import - Failing with attachments

Southfork1

The attachment import stopped about 20% of the way through. The import status page goes blank and the server error log spits out the following...

Error log: [Thu Nov 03 03:27:40 2011] [error] [client 174.61.201.246] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24000 bytes) in /home/wff/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Image/Gd.php on line 69

PHP Fatal errors due to memory size have come up before and it was noted to try and extend the limit in config.php. Have tried that without effect.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Chris

So far so good then.
Perhaps your PHP runs on the default 8 or 16 MB, perhaps it's even set to 32M, but I recommend trying 128.

http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php

memory_limit is the one you're looking for.

You could try setting it directly in xenforo's config.php below the <?php line (if i am right)

ini_set('memory_limit', '128M'); // or try say, 512M

Hi Floris,

Tried that, and have tried placing a php.ini file in there as well. Still, no improvement.

LimitRequestBody = 0
php_value upload_max_filesize = 128M
php_value post_max_size = 128M

Doesn't seam to even be trying any longer. Suspecting it's file specific.

You need to do the ini_set in config.php as we set the limit to 128M. However, as you don't appear to be hitting 128M, you likely can't increase it.

That said, 1.1 has this fixed as it won't try to create thumbnails for overly large images.

That's good, Mike. Not in a huge rush so I can wait until after the unofficial importer vB4 importer gets a 1.1 update, or you guys release an official one.

Floris, yes.

Still not positive where it was failing, but it did so at the end of the attachment import. Restarted the import and went right to the finish and it completed fine. Even if a few images or avatars were lost, it's acceptable to me and my needs.

Overall the import finished quickly, even with over 650K posts. Rebuilding the search index took quite a few hours though.

Too bad the importer doesn't carry over thread prefixes.

Top Bottom