• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 vb3 + vbseo redirect autouploader error

ibrian

I'm trying to set up the original vb3 + vbseo redirects from DOMAIN1.co.uk to my Xenforo install at DOMAIN2.com.

However, I get the following error

Code:
Warning: require(/home/DOMAIN2/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/DOMAIN1/public_html/forum/showthread.php on line 11

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/DOMAIN2/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/DOMAIN1/public_html/forum/showthread.php on line 11
I searched the forums here, and the suggestion was a permissions error with autouploader.php on DOMAIN2.com - I've CHMOD'ed it to 755, but am still getting the problem.

No idea how to solve this - could someone please advise?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It is a permission issue, but it might not be the file itself -- it may well be the actual directory path (specifically the individual home directories). That directory itself may need permissions changed, but be careful with that.

Alternatively, you could bring a copy of the XF files over (including config.php). It mostly just needs to be able to read from the XF DB to do the look ups.

ibrian

Ah, many thanks for that! After much tearing out of hair, it turned out that /public_html/ for DOMAIN2.com was CHMOD'ed to 750. Changing to 755 allowed the script to work again.

Cheers - many thanks for that! :)

ibrian

Cpanel kept resetting permissions to 750, so I installed xenforo in a subdirectory of DOMAIN1, and changed 301config to point to the new xenforo config, which was a copy of the install at DOMAIN2. All appears to be working fine now. :)