VB to Xenforo befor I move my 50 GB forum

Waizi2

1- What shall I do with the blogs if u don't supports it here ?

2- What makes u better than Burning boards ? I need to know the features that I will miss if I go to them

3- Do you have RSS reader and importers for news ?

4- Do you have Arabic translation file ?

5- How many themes does the default installation come with ?

Thank you I will surely move from VB and Xenforo is one of the 2 options I have.

1. There may be a blogs add-on available in the Resource Manager which provides this functionality and provides an importer.
  2. The best way to ascertain which is better is to use both boards demos for a period of time. Also ask specifically about the functionality that you need. We may be able to confirm it is included, or not, or others may be able to recommend add-ons they have used.
  3. XenForo has a feature called Registered Feeds which can import RSS feeds into the forum as posts.
  4. I believe there is an Arabic translation in the Resource Manager.
  5. XF ships with only one style by default. There are many others free and paid in the Resource Manager.
This is the Resource Manager: Resources | XenForo Community

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply

1. There may be a blogs add-on available in the Resource Manager which provides this functionality and provides an importer.
  2. I could not find any that is official let me know which one u mean
  3. The best way to ascertain which is better is to use both boards demos for a period of time. Also ask specifically about the functionality that you need. We may be able to confirm it is included, or not, or others may be able to recommend add-ons they have used.
  4. Tha is a vey short answer :) Don't u have a unique feature list ? for example Social login is unique here
  5. XenForo has a feature called Registered Feeds which can import RSS feeds into the forum as posts.
  6. Cool
  7. I believe there is an Arabic translation in the Resource Manager.
  8. Where ?
  9. XF ships with only one style by default. There are many others free and pain in the Resource Manager.
  10. Are they trusted or checked by ur team before they get approved ?

More questions :)

5- How is your RTL support ?

6- Do u have a place when I can request custom plugins to be developed ?

7- What is the percentage of free plugins among paid ?

8- What would be ur advice to me I am having a forum that is running since 2001 with lots of custom scripting ?

9- Is elasticsearch free or I have to buy it as well ? I have over 700 k of posts do I really need it ?

10- Do u have official bridge to word press ?

11- What are the future features that are been cooked right now is there a forum to see them ?

There is no official blog add-on.

We do not maintain a descriptive feature list, but the best way to chose a software is to actually use it.

Translations can be found here:
Translations | XenForo Community

We do not review 3rd party resources before they are released.

XenForo supports RTL and any issues you have are fixed.

You can request development of plugins here (licensed users only):
Custom Service/Development Requests

We do not have statistics on paid v. free add-ons in our listing. Browsing "Resources" should give you an idea.

I'm not sure what you mean about wanting advice.

Elastic Search is a paid add-on alongside your license. The Enhanced Search add-on costs $50 and adds an additional $10 to renewals. The requirement for using it is up to you, but larger boards see an improvement.

There is no official WordPress bridge.

Roadmaps are not released, but new features are showcased in the Have You Seen forum when nearing completion of a future version.

Top Bottom