Not a bug  VB importer - Usergroups import issue

MGSteve

I've just done an import from vb (as you can probably tell by the number of related threads!), but I've noticed that the default 'Registered' usergroup does not get used, rather the importer creates another 'Registered' group and sticks all the users it imports into that group, instead of using the XF default group.

The end result is that you end up with two 'Registered' groups, none in the default group, which rightly you can't delete and all the users in the 2nd 'Registered' group created by the importer.

It should, of course, use the default XF 'Registered' group when importing.

I don't have vB so unfortunately I can't test the behaviour.

As a quick fix though, you could try running this query, where 2 is the group you want to move the users to and 9 is the group they are currently in.

Code:
UPDATE xf_user
SET user_group_id = 2
WHERE user_group_id = 9

Make sure you take a backup first though.
This also only updates the primary group, not any secondary groups.

Yeah, its easy enough to fix (as long as its a primary group though, secondary groups would need a script to fix), but I thought I'd report it anyway as its an obvious bug.

There is a map and people in the "normal" registered group will be moved to XF's. Without knowing the ID of the group in vB, I couldn't say whether this behavior was broken.

Ah, looks like that may be the reason - the default Registered group (i'm guessing it should be VB ID 2) is a new registrations group on ours, once they've made a post, they get upgraded to group ID 48, which is the standard group.

Sorry, it was setup by a fellow admin, I didn't know that he'd created a new registered group. Ignore it, its not a bug.

Top Bottom