Lack of interest VB import suggestion.... Grouping PMs into Conversations

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

MGSteve

It should be possible to do this, but currently it brings in each PM seperately, as they appear in VB. However, if the subject and the sender is the same then it should be able to group them into a conversation thread.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It's not really easy to do this, due to the way things like sent items work (which may not exist), or even just individual messages being deleted. Additionally, subjects are really the main thing you can go with and that would be nightmare to manage (and cause bad performance).

What about (an option to) manually merging messages to make it a conversation?

Because I think subject is not a good idea to group on it automatically. Because very common salutation/greeting phrases are a common practice to be used as "mandatory subject" (naming a variable and writing a subject appropriately, have similar complexities!, isn't it?). I can see several messages in my inbox from same sender with same subject but actual topic and date of conversation was different and far away.

It's not really easy to do this, due to the way things like sent items work (which may not exist), or even just individual messages being deleted. Additionally, subjects are really the main thing you can go with and that would be nightmare to manage (and cause bad performance).

hmm, that's a fair point actually, hadn't thought of the sent items.

But ibnesayeed makes a good suggestion, being able to manually merge PMs into a conversation (even if its partly one sided) would be better than nothing.

Top Bottom