XF 1.2 vB Blog Import?

Ludachris

So here's the deal... we used the vB Blog plugin for a little while on our 3.8 site but turned off new posting and made it a read only archive. There is some good information in there that we would rather not lose, but I am not planning on adding a blogging system to XF when we move over. Is there any way to import those blog postings into XF threads or another node type?

I was planning on using Slavik's big board importer (my site is a large 3.8 site). I have no interest in upgrading to vB4 before importing to XF. Would I use Slavik's importer for the forum, then run this old importer separately just for the blogs?

I was planning on using Slavik's big board importer (my site is a large 3.8 site). I have no interest in upgrading to vB4 before importing to XF. Would I use Slavik's importer for the forum, then run this old importer separately just for the blogs?

It's not quite that simple. You may not be able to run that specific module without running other modules first. There can be dependencies.

Custom development is required.

It should take you about two hours or so:
Code:
SELECT * FROM  `xf_thread` WHERE  `thread_id` IN(SELECT new_id FROM archived_import_log WHERE content_type='blog')
The importer does its job with good records. Look at the database!

@seojospeh, can you expand on this? I am looking into a similar issue; migrating a vB4 site with blog to Xenforo and want to move all the previous blog posts to their own thread. Are you saying run a regular import using Xenforo's import tool then sun the script you listed above to move blog posts?

It should take you about two hours or so:
Code:
SELECT * FROM  `xf_thread` WHERE  `thread_id` IN(SELECT new_id FROM archived_import_log WHERE content_type='blog')
The importer does its job with good records. Look at the database!

Top Bottom