vB 3.8.7 - the last 3 series release

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played with 4.x for a while and got to know it quite well. I like it better than the 3.8 series, only because there is more I can do with it.

I won't argue about it doing more than 3.x, but the problem is that it doesn't do it well at all. A lot of inconstancy, the management behind it, issues not being fixed for months, fixes being reintroduced into later versions... overall, I can't see how anyone can recommend vB4 unless they were paying careful attention to not look at many of the blaring issues that's going on with it.

I won't argue about it doing more than 3.x, but the problem is that it doesn't do it well at all. A lot of inconstancy, the management behind it, issues not being fixed for months, fixes being reintroduced into later versions... overall, I can't see how anyone can recommend vB4 unless they were paying careful attention to not look at many of the blaring issues that's going on with it.

I didn't say I would recommend it, :) But for myself, I like it much better. I'm capable of bug fixing and styling, so issues that crop up never bothered me. And I'm quite anal. When it comes to cross-browser compatibility, the site had better look the same on IE 7/8, FF, Opera, Chrome, and Safarari. If not, I take another approach. For me, I'm fine with it. :) However; with that said, ASAP I'm going XF!!!! :)

The last count of bugs I saw for vBulletin 4, was 5,000. Recently, they got it down to less then 600.

That is the confusing part. They show 5000+ bugs as unscheduled but they show in JIRA 564 bugs as marked unresolved? I don't understand... Anyways, I don't care. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom