Vaultwiki for Xenforo

I mean the logic that it's automatically vaporware because you can't find any activity can be applied to XenForo.... especially during the lawsuit.

XenForo software by XenForo, actually did exists.

Vauliwiki for XenForo, does not exist and has been "advertized" for 3 years..... Vaporware.

If XenForo is also released 2 years 9 months after announcement, that's July 2013. But we have already stated earlier in the thread, based on work to-be-done, that the latest will be June 2013.

That date keeps getting moved...... Vaporware

Ignore the troll. It's his opinion, which he's entitled to, and he's created his own site just so he can hear himself talk.
Actually I can see where Adam is coming from. If you read over the last several posts by Pegasus they seem to highlight issues in XF 1.1.3 and above. When VaultWiki was actively being ported to XenForo (as announced by the dev) these versions of XF didn't exist, so why did they suddenly run into these problems? This post makes me think that development of VaultWiki for XF didn't actually start until recently: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vaultwiki-for-xenforo.16828/page-5#post-526955

There are many other examples. Remember the issues that Pegasus is is talking about are related to versions of XF that did not exist when they embarked on their development life cycle.

What nobody has mentioned is that Pegasus had to FIRST rewrite vaultwiki for vBulletin, THEN write it or xenforo. So, yes, development for xenforo hasn't been going on for the entire time.

That date keeps getting moved...... Vaporware

bandwagon.gif

Actually I can see where Adam is coming from. If you read over the last several posts by Pegasus they seem to highlight issues in XF 1.1.3 and above. When VaultWiki was actively being ported to XenForo (as announced by the dev) these versions of XF didn't exist, so why did they suddenly run into these problems? This post makes me think that development of VaultWiki for XF didn't actually start until recently: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vaultwiki-for-xenforo.16828/page-5#post-526955

There are many other examples. Remember the issues that Pegasus is is talking about are related to versions of XF that did not exist when they embarked on their development life cycle.
It's good to see that I'm not the only person who notices things. (y)

I know more about Pegasus and vaultwiki that everyone in this thread other than Alfa1.
Trolling this thread saying it's vaporware isn't accurate.
The delays in vaultwiki are from the constant editor issues with vB4.

This thread is like a pre-release thread. Only wiki keeners allowed here.
Before spouting off in this thread, please PM me the reason you know more than I do.
Otherwise find your own thread.

The delays in vaultwiki are from the constant editor issues with vB4.

And this having anything to do with XenForo..... How?

Seriously...
  • XenForo uses a completely different editor.
  • XenForo is easier to code in
  • XenForo isn't vBulletin
This thread "feel like" (seems like) more of an advertizement for vBulletin (and an add-on for it, VaultWiki) than it does anything to do with XenForo

Adam, please.
Sure, Pegasus took a very long time to release VW4.

But Vaultwiki has been around for years as a very extensive wiki suite, so its hardly vaporware. You are now seeing Vaultwiki 4 releases with frequent updates and you see almost daily information updates about the xenforo support in the same product.
Mind that its one and the same product supporting various community platforms. So the very same product that has already been released should soon support XenForo. Probably within a week or so.
You would have a point 6 months ago, but now its more useful to await a little longer than to waste your time.

Adam, please.
Sure, Pegasus took a very long time to release VW4.

But Vaultwiki has been around for years as a very extensive wiki suite, so its hardly vaporware. You are now seeing Vaultwiki 4 releases with frequent updates and you see almost daily information updates about the xenforo support in the same product.
Mind that its one and the same product supporting various community platforms. So the very same product that has already been released should soon support XenForo. Probably within a week or so.
You would have a point 6 months ago, but now its more useful to await a little longer than to waste your time.
Quoted for the record.....

.... A year from now ..... Or technically, 4 years after the original announcement (its been 3 years) .... I'd like to recall this post.

* sets time capsule *

Did I mention it's been about 3 years (2 years, 6 months) .....

Don't care what is for vBulletin.... Could be v4 or v105 ..... The vBulletin add-on has no place here...... The XenForo build is still vaporware (until there is a release).

Don't care what is for vBulletin.... Could be v4 or v105 ..... The vBulletin add-on has no place here...... The XenForo build is still vaporware (until there is a release).
Like I said: there is no difference between the vbulletin addon and the XenForo addon. Its like photopost: just one piece of software that can be used as addons to various community software. Its one and the same. The only difference is that the existing software is being expanded to work with XenForo, IPB, vbulletin 3 and likely other platforms.

If it pleases you to label it vaporware until there is a working xenforo release then by all means do so. It seems trivial to me.

Top Bottom