XF 2.1 Various usergroups with custom settings

DaveL

Hi, I'm just wondering whether there is an easier way of doing this then what i'm doing on XF1.

Members can donate and automatically get moved to a usergroup where they get a yellow name and a yellow donater banner.
Members win awards and as such get a star next to their username and a banner displaying how many stars they have.

So I have:

Donate Usergroup
1 Star Usergroup
2 Star Usergroup
3 Star Usergroup
4 Star Usergroup
5 Star Usergroup
6 Star Usergroup
7 Star Usergroup
8 Star Usergroup
9 Star Usergroup
10 Star Usergroup

The issue arises when they are a member of the donate usergroup and the x star usergroup. Being in both groups I want them to have the yellow username, yellow banner, star next to their name and star banner.

The way I have overcome this in xf1 is quite cumbersome, so hoping there is an easier way I have overlooked! I have had to create a new usergroup called x star donate, which gives the yellow username with the star, and the banner with the amount of stars. The yellow banner is kept from the donate usergroup.

Donate Usergroup
1 Star Usergroup
2 Star Usergroup
3 Star Usergroup
4 Star Usergroup
5 Star Usergroup
6 Star Usergroup
7 Star Usergroup
8 Star Usergroup
9 Star Usergroup
10 Star Usergroup
1 Star Donate Usergroup
2 Star Donate Usergroup
3 Star Donate Usergroup
4 Star Donate Usergroup
5 Star Donate Usergroup
6 Star Donate Usergroup
7 Star Donate Usergroup
8 Star Donate Usergroup
9 Star Donate Usergroup
10 Star Donate Usergroup

Is there any easier workaround?

Have you looked into [TH] Donate? This add-on might make it easier for ya. It offers automation to move a user to a specified usergroup when they match the requirements set by user promotions.
Thanks for the suggestion.
The issue I seem to have is needing to use certain aspects from different use groups, but can only use the one with the highest priority.

I am not sure what the problem is.
Have you checked this?
Then both userbanners will be displayed, without you needing to create the extra 10 usergroups.
But only stacked, not next to each other.

Again, not sure what the problem is.

You can set what the priority should be, so for the yellow name give it a higher priority.

Again, not sure what the problem is.

View attachment 203887

You can set what the priority should be, so for the yellow name give it a higher priority.

So
Donate = yellow username
Club 150 = silver star next to username

I can only have one or the other. Ideally I'd want the yellow username from donate and the star from ub 150 to display.

Only workaround which is pretty long winded is another user group which incorporates both.

Ah, now I understand. Yep, that doesn't work because one css has to overpower the other one.

I don't think there is another workaround maybe except editing templates and putting in extra css classes for usergroup names.

Ah, now I understand. Yep, that doesn't work because one css has to overpower the other one.

I don't think there is another workaround maybe except editing templates and putting in extra css classes for usergroup names.
No worries, thanks anyway. I think i'm just going to forgo having the coloured username for the donate group to make life a lot easier!

Top Bottom