Vanilla-like style?

darinb

Hello,

I have a new forum at my site and I'm using Vanilla. I very much like Vanilla's visual approach--no categories, clean, without displaying all the usual database field stuff. But I haven't been that happy running Vanilla. It just isn't as polished as it should be--I want it to be more like WordPress in terms of being easy to administer and having features thought out for you. I don't want to have to learn PHP or CSS.

So....what about XenForo?

Is there a style that looks something like a Vanilla installation (clean, uncluttered, category-less?)

One key element is that in the thread listing I *must* have a short excerpt from the thread displayed rather than simply displaying the topic field, etc.

--Darin

Hey Brogan,

Thanks. I'm going through them now. It's not clear though whether a style that has a nice general "look" can be easily modified to look like Vanilla or whether I need to identify (if any) a style that has that look in the demo photos. Hoping that someone has already addressed this question, though I didn't see it via search.

Thanks,

--Darin

Hey Brogan,

Thanks. I'm going through them now. It's not clear though whether a style that has a nice general "look" can be easily modified to look like Vanilla or whether I need to identify (if any) a style that has that look in the demo photos. Hoping that someone has already addressed this question, though I didn't see it via search.

Thanks,

--Darin
You're probably not going to find anything like vanilla outside being a minimal style. Also XenForo and most forum software uses categories so you're not likely to find a category-less design easily.

Top Bottom