[UW] Smileys Bar [Deleted]

I like the idea of the addon. After reading all 4 previous pages I'm not quite sure about the performance impacts. Can anybody using the addon report about additional queries and loading of the emojis? Thanks!
Using since the first release. I have not had any performance problem. Including me all my forum users like it and use without any issue.

If the BBcode was toggled off, maybe the smiley bar can plugin the smiley code instead of the actual smiley itself? Not sure if this would be possible, if so then maybe just having some kind of message to remind users to toggle the BB code back on?
Not sure if it's possible but it'd be great if the menu disappeared or if a message was displayed in the menu when the editor is in BB Code mode.
There you go. Done. :) From version 1.5, when the BB code is turned off also the Smileys Bar is turned off. And after the BB code is turned on again, also the Smileys Bar has to be turned on again.

I like the idea of the addon. After reading all 4 previous pages I'm not quite sure about the performance impacts. Can anybody using the addon report about additional queries and loading of the emojis? Thanks!
Basically all issues mentioned in earlier posts has been addressed in the latest versions. Including so-called loading time issue by moving all custom categories to the smileys menu where the loading technique used is the same as in xF stock version. So the Smileys Bar, by default, contains only Recently used and the "Uncategorized smilies" category and that one is using a single sprite image (for default smileys) so that is just a single http request. And the loading of Smileys Bar is even faster than the text editor's. Smileys Bar is not intended to hold many smileys anyways (however it loads fast even if many smileys are there). Smileys Bar should be used only for a handful of smileys that the admin consider as the most important, most useful, most used for his forum. The rest should go to the rest of the categories in the smileys menu.

Last edited:
I have about 100+ custom smilies on my forum and this add-on runs much faster than the built-in emoji box.

@xffutureuser

Would it be possible to include a way for users to clear their recently used smileys? We have some large smilies and after a user uses one they can be very distracting.

Thanks for the consideration :)

@xffutureuser

Would it be possible to include a way for users to clear their recently used smileys? We have some large smilies and after a user uses one they can be very distracting.

Thanks for the consideration :)
Always open to new suggestions, especially from real users of the add-on. Will sure look into it. Can you please send me a print-screen of the smileys that look distracting, since I use only the stock smileys. Thanks.

But, for now, a very simple solution. Just clear your browsing data and all the recently used smileys will be gone.

Last edited:
Always open to new suggestions, especially from real users of the add-on. Will sure look into it. Can you please send me a print-screen of the smileys that look distracting, since I use only the stock smileys. Thanks.

I'll start a conversation :)

google translate:

Good Morning,
do I now have to seriously open all 800 smilies individually and check the box that they should be displayed?
I would have expected a tick at least in the category "activate all".
Or did I miss something?
I'm going to do that from the database (UPDATE xf_smilie SET uw_display_in_bar = '1' ).
But please think of the users who don't dare to do it.

LG: Tammy

Last edited:
google translate:

Hi, just one more question:
How do I get the categories? Have I overlooked a database entry (table / column)?
All smilies are only offered to me in one line for endless sliding.
Thank you.

1578488233243.png

Last edited:
How do I get the categories?
And do you have any custom category? All smileys in "Uncategorized smilies " will display in Smileys Bar if enabled. And as I see from previous post, you did enabled them all. While it works anyways, the Smileys Bar was designed to be used only for a small amount of most important smileys determined by the admin. That is way you don't really need, for a handful of smileys, a tick to enable them all. However, there is an option to tick them easier way on one page during the export.

Or do you have this setting enabled?:
1578493251840.png

Last edited:
Díky za rychlou odpověď,

Yes, I have ... an estimated 12-15 categories with 20-100 smilies each.
According to your screenshot, these categories should appear above the smilies. That alone was the reason why I bought the Smilie Bar today. My users could scroll on the biscuit :)

1578496338272.webp

I deleted the extra.less for testing - no change.
I set VH to 60 for fun - the arrows to the left and right only disappear;)
I'll have a look in the code tonight - maybe you've mistaken VH for VW?

Yes, they are all smilies with hooks. But without menus. Problems with XF2.1.6?
It works well on both of my websites with XF2.1.6 also none of the current users reported any problem. You can see it in use and you can also test it here, where the latest XF version v2.1.6 Patch 1 is installed: https://ultraweb.co/threads/new-testing-thread.17/page-2#post-230
The video is good, but it is not possible there to see what you have in Setup->Options->Messages under "Show emoji in smilie menu". Can you please at least make a print-screen with that info. Thanks.

You're a sweetheart! Thank you!
At this point there was also a function "Show in smiley menu". I would not have expected that!
NOW everything works! I take care of the Siropu button myself, that's cosmetics;)

Zdravím !
Tammy

Great. :love: I'm glad we've sorted it out. (y) I can't do much with the Siropu button, cause it's not my add-on. But great that you can take care of that.

It's up to you, of course, but I would reduce the number of smileys in the Smileys Bar to just the most important.

Last edited:
The funny thing is - that's the most important 😂
The original package had around 5000;) I sorted them by hand.
Only the standard garbage such as symbols, flags, etc. cannot be removed.

1578514409608.png

maybe I'll hide them with CSS sometime;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom