[UW] Smileys Bar [Deleted]

There you go:
  • Force Open the Smileys Bar
In Setup -> Options -> Smileys Bar you can now set the option that will keep the Smileys Bar open for the users all the time by default. So if someone turns off the Smileys Bar, after a page refresh the bar will be back.

1562878222747-png.104
Thank you! Buying and installing over the weekend. :)

There you go:
  • All custom categories now appear in the smileys menu between the stock categories but not in the Smileys Bar.
1562877041841-png.101

This will also improve Kirby's performance issues. The purpose of the Smileys Bar is to show only some of the most common smileys. The rest should go to the smileys menu. And the most common in the Smileys Bar, can easily be moved to sprite image which will further improve the performance situation.

There is however an option to add any smiley from any custom category to the Smileys Bar:

1562877372850-png.102

By default, in the Smileys Bar, will be included whatever smileys are in the category "Uncategorised smilies" and Recently used.

- Also during the import process you have the option to check to show a smiley in the Smileys Bar.

1562878563404-png.105

- You can control the order of the smileys in the Smileys Bar via the display order number.

View attachment 206252

You can see it in use on developer's website here: https://ultraweb.co/threads/new-testing-thread.17/post-192
BEAUTIFUL work! This was exactly what I was visualizing when installing the add-on. Thank you for the unparalleled support!

Is there any way to have the plug-in still work even if the BB code is toggled off?

It doesn't happen a lot, but sometimes some of my users get confused and forget that they have the gear icon enabled, and when you try to click on a smiley, nothing happens so it seems the plug-in is broken when it's really not.

If the BBcode was toggled off, maybe the smiley bar can plugin the smiley code instead of the actual smiley itself? Not sure if this would be possible, if so then maybe just having some kind of message to remind users to toggle the BB code back on?

Also FYI this has quickly turned into one of my favorite add-ons that I installed on the forum and already has become an essential for our users. Thank you for developing this!

We've had a bunch of complaints about "smileys not working when you click on them". Come to find out the users have been accidentally switching to BB Code mode in the editor. Not sure if it's possible but it'd be great if the menu disappeared or if a message was displayed in the menu when the editor is in BB Code mode.

While I'm typing this, a small feature request. It'd be nice if users had a preference option to have the menu stay expanded or closed :)

If I have to choose between whether it automatically opens or doesn't, I'd rather have it automatically open. It'd just be nice to give each member the option of how they like it :)
They will have. Who cliks the Smileys Bar, will have it open and who doesnt, will have it closed.

As I can see, the smile used bar is display by default, can you please change it not to display by default ? The smile bar should only display when user click on Smile button, and it should display both used smile and list of smile @xffutureuser

Just uncheck this:

1565022810172.png

Will make it unchecked by default from the next version comming very soon.
I was already tried that, it still display recent used smile bar by default
New issue, after do your way, it does turn off the Smiley Bar but when I click on Smile button, it display recent used smile bar, it's not include list of smile until click dropdown button

If you do this way, will fix the all issue

The smile bar should only display when user click on Smile button, and it should display both used smile and list of smile

Last edited:
@ShinLim The way this is designed is that once you turn on the Smileys Bar, it will be turned on all the time.
The main purpose of this add-on is to add to the bottom of the text editor a bar with the most common, most used smileys (Recently used, XF default smileys/Uncategorized smilies ) that are always visible so you have fast, easy and convenient access to them and without covering the text area.

1565942499083.png

To see all other categories (smileys menu) an arrow on the most right of the Similes Bar has to be pressed. This is how it is designed to work.

Last edited:
To see all other categories (smileys menu) an arrow on the most right of the Similes Bar has to be pressed. This is how it is designed to work.
Can you add a option to change it display both recent used bar smile and categories (smiley menu) ?
If you can, then this addon would be more awesome i can tell

I like the idea of the addon. After reading all 4 previous pages I'm not quite sure about the performance impacts. Can anybody using the addon report about additional queries and loading of the emojis? Thanks!

Top Bottom