[UW] Smileys Bar [Deleted]

I very much like this addon, good work. My users seems to have trouble knowing where to find the smileys now though. Can I request that you make it more obvious that the user has to click something to show the smileys?

I very much like this addon, good work. My users seems to have trouble knowing where to find the smileys now though. Can I request that you make it more obvious that the user has to click something to show the smileys?
Thanks. Did you leave the Smileys Bar empty?

Thanks. Did you leave the Smileys Bar empty?
I chose to leave the smiley bar on but I still see users commenting about not knowing where the rest of the smileys are.

What I would do, instead of having the down arrow tucked to one side, I would have it across the top of the smiley bar, right under the reply box and it would have a button that said "Click Here To View Smileys"

Why not make it nice and obvious for the less observant users?

But did you leave it empty? Because the print screen you sent, it was empty. Just fill it with some smileys and then they will find the arrow easily.
This is how it looks for me right now. I still think it would be better if the arrow was more obvious or at the top under the reply box like I mentioned

yL3UJ9B.png

This is how it looks for me right now. I still think it would be better if the arrow was more obvious or at the top under the reply box like I mentioned

yL3UJ9B.png
I see. You did leave the Smileys Bar empty. By doing so, you actually missed the point of this add-on. The purpose of this add-on is to have some most common smileys always visible in the Smileys Bar so that you have easy and fast accesses to them. Then you would need to use the arrow very rarely, just for some uncommon expressions. And then it would be also very easy for users to spot the arrow.

Look how I have it on my website:

1598733013640.webp

And when the dropdown arrow is clicked:

1598732888294.png

Last edited:
I see. You did leave the Smileys Bar empty. By doing so, you actually missed the point of this add-on. The purpose of this add-on is to have some most common smileys always visible in the Smileys Bar so that you have easy and fast accesses to them. Then you would need to use the arrow very rarely, just for some uncommon expressions. And then it would be also very easy for users to spot the arrow.

Look how I have it on my website:

View attachment 233850

And when the dropdown arrow is clicked:

View attachment 233849
OK thanks for showing me that, I'm not sure what you mean when you say "leaving the smiley bar empty" though, I'm not sure what settings I've missed.

Here's what mine looks like when the arrow is clicked (I've made some changes to the code to accomodate my larger smileys):

tJBYoEN.png

And here are my settings:

dkvmfSH.png

OK thanks for showing me that, I'm not sure what you mean when you say "leaving the smiley bar empty" though, I'm not sure what settings I've missed.

Here's what mine looks like when the arrow is clicked (I've made some changes to the code to accomodate my larger smileys
You are using so many kind of huge animated images as smileys. This is the update for that and it is also in the manual explained:

In your case, I would categorize the smileys by the size. Similarly sized images I would put in one category. Because for each category you can setup dimensions and spacing. Look how I organized them nicely on my website:

1598736465765.png

Also, in your case I would move recently used down to the smiles menu, because of the huge images you have as smileys. So that the height of the Smileys Bar is in normal size. You have it too tall.

And also I would put some smileys, preferably static images, into the Smileys Bar. How to do that is explained in the user manual https://ultraweb.co/threads/uw-smileys-bar-user-manual.90/#post-419 . Please read it. It is important to read so you understand how to use this add-on, especially when you have so many custom smileys. It is all possible to nicely setup.

You are using so many kind of huge animated images as smileys. This is the update for that and it is also in the manual explained:

In your case, I would categorize the smileys by the size. Similarly sized images I would put in one category. Because for each category you can setup dimensions and spacing. Look how I organized them nicely on my website:

View attachment 233852

Also, in your case I would move recently used down to the smiles menu, because of the huge images you have as smileys. So that the height of the Smileys Bar is in normal size. You have it too tall.

And also I would put some smileys, preferably static images, into the Smileys Bar. How to do that is explained in the user manual https://ultraweb.co/threads/uw-smileys-bar-user-manual.90/#post-419 . Please read it. It is important to read so you understand how to use this add-on, especially when you have so many custom smileys. It is all possible to nicely setup.
Sorry I'm a bit confused, when you say "this is the update for that" that update was back in May, do I not already have that included in the addon I purchased and download a few days ago? Because I don't have those setting in my Admin CP.

Sorry I'm a bit confused, when you say "this is the update for that" that update was back in May, do I not already have that included in the addon I purchased and download a few days ago? Because I don't have those setting in my Admin CP.
You have that included, I just wanted you to read it. So you can use that features. Because you need them, because you have many custom smileys. You have to have that settings, just click the category.

You have that included, I just wanted you to read it. So you can use that features. Because you need them, because you have many custom smileys. You have to have that settings, just click the category.
Ah ok thank you, I hadn't looked in there. Thanks for you help, I'll have a play around with that!

Top Bottom