[UW] Forum Comments System [Deleted]

Is there a reason you literally haven't even tried it in the (free) Tapatalk app to see if it works? I mean it would literally take you 20 seconds, and you could post yes or no, and if the answer is the former, you'd get a sale. I can't try it myself without spending $19.99.
I don't use that app so that is way. And I am not aware how it works nor any free version. If you don't have that app, then you don't need to deal with this at all.

If the creator really doesn't know(!), does anybody? Or is this still a mystery? It's kinda of a dealbreaker if a big percentage of our users can't see the content. Has anybody tried it with Tapatalk?
There is no need to try it - it won't work.

TapaTalk can and will only display what is available through the general TapaTalk XML-RPC protocol via the endpoint provided by the TapaTalk Add-on.

TapaTalk does know nothing about this Add-on so it dies not support its data andf will not display comments.

Bug?

1590777116964.png

and also, even if already un-check, I still got reactions alerts.

Last edited:
I don't use that app so that is way. And I am not aware how it works nor any free version. If you don't have that app, then you don't need to deal with this at all.
I don't use it. But that's not the point, is it? It's a popular forum app, my forum users use it, and have done for years. All I asked is "does it work?" But you're clearly not interested in answering, helping, or even finding out that answer to that question, so I'm outta here. The dismissive attitude is a red flag; even if it was compatible, at this point I'm not a customer and I won't be.

I don't use it. But that's not the point, is it? It's a popular forum app, my forum users use it, and have done for years. All I asked is "does it work?" But you're clearly not interested in answering, helping, or even finding out that answer to that question, so I'm outta here. The dismissive attitude is a red flag; even if it was compatible, at this point I'm not a customer and I won't be.

No addons will work with TapaTalk unless they add code to their service to allow them to work.

I still miss the most important comment function: Hide comments from others, so only the commenter and the poster can see the comment. Best way to leave a small message without a public post or private conversation.

Feature request:
  • User preferences to allow users to default toggle on/off comments (auto display or auto collapse by default)
  • Is it possible to do not alert the user if the comment isn't made on their post replies?
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't bump the tread. And it shows up on under "Latest posts" ONLY to admins, or moderators as deleted, the same way as replies do. Works as designed.

It shows up for guests too. Not in the thread itself, but under Latest posts.

I'm not sure if that's how regular approved replies work. But if a user posts a comment, it doesn't use the comment time under "Latest posts", but it uses the approval time. In the comment itself it uses the comment time.

Post a comment at 1PM.
Comment is approved at 5PM.
Latest posts: Last post moments ago.

No addons will work with TapaTalk unless they add code to their service to allow them to work.
Thanks. That's all I was asking. A simple yes or no. :)

(not knowing how the code works, my thought was that if the comments were stored in the database as normal quotes/replies and simply displayed differently via code on the web view, Tapatalk would just interpret them normally, but if they are stored in their own table or something, then Tapatalk wouldn't even know about them)

Top Bottom