• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RM 1.1 Using XRM for Downloads Manager?

N

Nelson T.

One of the features of our site is a downloads directory, which contains manuals and how-to files, mostly in PDF format. Users can upload and download files to it, rate them, and it imported my stuff on first use from a directory on my server.

Someone said that XRM would do this. (Being a good member, I bought the XF offician addons of course!)
Can you tell me if I can use XRM- otherwise I will have to pay a coder to do this.

Thanks very much for all your help guys!

N

Nelson T.

Sometimes, we need to upload images as well. I assume it won't do that.

Will it import from a directory on the server into the system? (Or from DBTech Downloads for VB). That would be great, and sufficient for our purposes.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
You can add images to the resource content or upload them as .zip files.

It's not possible to import any external content.

N

Nelson T.

You can add images to the resource content or upload them as .zip files.

It's not possible to import any external content.
Sorry to hear that. I have like 1500 files. To add them one at a time would take forever...
I'm stumped now...

N

Nelson T.

Maybe. I would love if someone would make a download manager add on. I think it would be pretty popular.

N

Nelson T.

A lot of people want it- in VB- it is an EXTREMELY popular addon (mod). JSELLE wrote a good one, then abandoned it.
DBTech wrote one, which I have, but is not very good IMHO.

People threatened to write one in 2010 I see, then it died. I would pay up to $75 for it, and I reckon others would too!

Anyone? Or even an IMPORTER for Resource Manager would work!