1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using the XenForo Sessions instead of PHP sessions

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Jake B., Feb 20, 2015.

1. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

Currently I'm using the normal PHP sessions for one specific use in the UI.X add-on, I've looked through trying to figure out how to use XenForo sessions, but everything I've tried hasn't worked. I need to switch from using PHP's sessions because it is not working on servers with FastCGI enabled.

Thanks,

Jake

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

What have you tried? What happens when it doesn't work? What exactly are you trying to do?

3. Jake B.

Don't quite remember now, I gave up and switched to php's sessions, didn't realize it wouldn't work with some people until it was pointed out to me yesterday.

Nothing happened

Temporarily store data (such as name of the style, product ID, etc) for the next few page loads (usually through the template rebuild process) as it installs the styles.

Also, you're quick with your replies in this section. It's greatly appreciated!

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Using XenForo sessions should be fine for that.

Have another go, then if it doesn't work share some of the code so we can see where it might be going wrong.

5. Jake B.

Alright, I've got it working. Not sure what I was doing wrong before.

Thanks @Chris D!