XF 1.4 Using the cli importer that came with 1.2.5

imthebest

Hi @Mike,

I know that the cli importer that came with 1.2.5 is unsupported and not developed anymore however what do you think? It should work fine to import from vBulletin 3.8 to XenForo 1.4.2?

Thanks!
Super120

I wouldn't suggest it based on the fact that schema changes and updates may have been made to importers and database that may be incompatible.

I think the fact that it is no longer developed nor supported (as was the choice of the devs) speaks volumes. Jeremy is right. There's going to be a lot of schema changes that won't be accounted for.

I suspect devs will tell you not to do it. My advice is the same. However, if you decided to do so at your own risk then the tactic to take is to import into the last version supported by the CLI importer... I thought it was earlier than 1.2.5 to be honest, but if it is that version then import into a clean install of version 1.2.5. If it does work, you can then run a 1.2.5 to 1.4.2 upgrade.

But the cli importer only process threads and posts and I don't believe there have been recent changes in those tables so that is why I believe it might work :(

If you are dead set on using it, import it into the last version that shipped with it and upgrade per Chris' instructions. Otherwise, it isn't recommended.

Top Bottom