- Add forum/category node
- Give it a title with any kind of special character, ie: é, á, €, ç
- Dollar ($) was giving no issues however
- Click/goto the category/forum and you'll notice that the page ends up in a redirect loop.
Setting a route filter, and in that filter replace the special characters with 'normal' ones did not help either. The only way around it is by using the route filter in this way:
- Create category node test-é (gives redirect loop)
- Find the replacement text that normally is shown in urls with special characters
- Create a route filter with the above line (simply using 'categories/test-é.214/' won't work).
The thread I referred to in my intro was this thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ng-special-characters-in-thread-title.111408/