1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Using custom tabs with page nodes

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by MarkMark, Oct 30, 2015.

1. MarkMark

MarkMark Member

I had a page set up and linked to using a tab in the navbar (using the custom tab add-on). When a user clicked on the navbar link, it would take them to the page, and the tab would become highlighted.

Today when I click on the same link, the page loads, but it's it the Forums tab that is highlighted. I'm not sure how I broke this, and I can't seem to get it to work again!
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It requires an add-on or custom development to have a focused tab for a page.
    Without that, the Forums tab will highlight.

Are you sure you didn't have an add-on installed which achieved it?
  3. MarkMark

MarkMark Member

No, I didn't.

And I know I'm not going mad, because I had an old tab open from last night where the page tab is clearly highlighted! I refreshed the page and it has now changed to the Forums tab being highlighted.

All I did between then and now is play around with the permissions of the page.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Adding a link to the navigation template and changing permissions won't affect the Forums tab being highlighted when a page node is viewed.

I'm not aware of any way of doing it without some form of custom development.