XF 1.1 Users reporting message in Personal Conversation and privacy

Francesco V.

Hi,

i have just found that messages in Personal Conversation (a kind of vBulletin private messages) are "reportable" by users. This means that global moderator receive a notification and are then able to see the (private? Personal?) message.
There's a way to avoid it.
There are 2 problem with this:

- Nobody, neither the Admin, must see a personal message. Ok, data are stored in clear in database, but i'm referring to forum application

- Forum administration must not be involved in personal/private disputes so personal messages in personal conversations must not be reportable.

There's a way to accomplish this 2 points ?

Thanks a lot

Yep you're right, i was hoping there was some core setup i missed before tweak template.

Thanks a lot

EDIT: the matter is that a user that knows how to build the report link url can anyway report that message and pop it in front of a 3rd party (mod or admin ) :(

It's easy If you need to check a PC you can just change the password and login as them.
There's also an addon Login As User so you dont need to bother with passwords.
On some boards there are issues of protecting vulnerable users so this is a necessary power.

But if you cant trust your admins then yes comment out the report link on the PC template.

Well, i know that PC data are stored in clear in database so they are not actually secret. What i wish is only to turn off reporting feature in personal conversation. For turn off i mean turn off the link effectiveness.

It will be a little difficult for them to do that. Otherwise, you'd have to get an addon made for this.

well after all the report link is:

$PrivConvURL + "/report?message_id=" + $Message_id

To know the Message_id you need only to click reply on it and it appears in the quote stuff.

User can discover this by looking at report link in PrivConv in other xenforo Board or making an educated guess from forum message report link

EDIT: the matter is that a user that knows how to build the report link url can anyway report that message and pop it in front of a 3rd party (mod or admin ) :(

You will need a mod to make the pc report group based permission or to disable the pc report function completely.

Hi,

Forum administration must not be involved in personal/private disputes so personal messages in personal conversations must not be reportable.

What about in cases of illegal activities or spam and the likes. Wouldn''t you like to know if such action takes place at your forum?

Top Bottom