1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 slow in personal conversation

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by AndreaMarucci, Feb 12, 2013.

1. AndreaMarucci

AndreaMarucci Well-Known Member

I've noticed that XF is slow inside the personal conversations when you post a message. What happen is that you click on post and you've to wait some time before the post get posted. Consequence of this is that often the user click another time and the msg get posted two times. This happen if the PC has many posts but often also if the PC has a small number of posts...

2. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Common annoyance with XF.
    Happens in threads too.

There is an add-on that blocks such double posts.

3. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

How is your board set to send e-mails out?

Try adding this to your config file and see if the delay is still there:

Code:
    $config['enableMail'] = 0;

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Andrea,

When I was logged on to your site yesterday debugging that add-on, I did notice that there were some e-mail related errors in the Server Error Log.

You may want to check these out. I didn't say anything yesterday as I just assumed you knew.

MattW likes this.
  5. AndreaMarucci

Thanks Chris and Mattw. This could be the problem... i'll check the server error log just to understand...

6. AndreaMarucci

Cheched now and found many of these errors. What can I do? Give 777 permission to Abstract.php?

Code:
    Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: 5.7.1 Access denied - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431
    Generated By: giancarlo, Yesterday at 2:56 PM

#0 library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(205): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_expect(220, 180)
    #1 library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(200): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->helo('localhost')
    #2 library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
    #3 library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #4 library/XenForo/Mail.php(170): Zend_Mail->send()
    #5 library/XenForo/Mail.php(145): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #6 library/XenForo/Mail.php(197): XenForo_Mail->send('battaglia.giaco...', 'Giabat', Array, '', '', '')
    #7 library/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php(855): XenForo_Mail->queue('battaglia.giaco...', 'Giabat')
    #8 library/PremiumBBcode/Model/Conversation.php(32): XenForo_Model_Conversation->insertConversationAlert(Array, Array, 'reply', Array, Array, Array)
    #9 library/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php(712): PremiumBBcode_Model_Conversation->insertConversationAlert(Array, Array, 'reply', Array, Array, Array)
    #10 /library/Tapatalk/Push/Conversation.php(35): XenForo_Model_Conversation->addConversationReplyToRecipients(Array, Array, Array)
    #11 /library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1385): Tapatalk_Push_Conversation->_postSave()
    #12 /library/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php(144): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
    #13 /library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1385): XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_postSave()
    #14 /library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(858): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
    #15 /library/PostsConversation/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(50): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsertReply()
    #16 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): PostsConversation_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsertReply()
    #17 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #18 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #19 {main}

7. AndreaMarucci

Also some of these errors

Code:
    Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: A valid session has not been started - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php:257
    Generated By: gherardo, Today at 3:17 PM

Stack Trace
    #0 /library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(207): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->mail('webmaster@kog.i...')
    #1 /library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
    #2 /library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #3 /library/XenForo/Mail.php(170): Zend_Mail->send()
    #4 /library/XenForo/Mail.php(145): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #5 /library/XenForo/Mail.php(197): XenForo_Mail->send('corrado_toxiri@...', 'Corrado68', Array, '', '', '')
    #6 /library/XenForo/Model/ThreadWatch.php(234): XenForo_Mail->queue('corrado_toxiri@...', 'Corrado68')
    #7 /library/PremiumBBcode/Model/ThreadWatch.php(19): XenForo_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply(Array, NULL, Array)
    #8 /library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(108): PremiumBBcode_Model_ThreadWatch->sendNotificationToWatchUsersOnReply(Array, NULL, Array)
    #9 /library/WidgetFramework/Extend/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(4): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
    #10 /library/bdTagMe/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(28): WidgetFramework_Extend_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
    #11 /library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1399): bdTagMe_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
    #12 /library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(504): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
    #13 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply()
    #14 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #15 /index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #16 {main}

8. AndreaMarucci

I've tried to use the php mail function and now the errors are disappeared...

9. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Looks like an issue with the SMTP server you are using