users overloading server

stevshark

I have some users that are either running scripts or else just clicking like crazy until they cause this error: err_empty_response which temporarily shuts them down. But for some reason it is causing other users to also get the same error it seems to be an issue with godaddy hosting. Is there an addon that blocks scripting or prevents users from rapidly clicking on tabs?

Either your server is under provisioned, or you've got a bot problem.

Front-ending your site with Cloudflare can help with bots.

How many active users would you have on your site?

Either your server is under provisioned, or you've got a bot problem.

Front-ending your site with Cloudflare can help with bots.

How many active users would you have on your site?

1000s of active users. I can repeat the problem myself by simply rapidly clicking the tabs until I get the error after about 20 seconds. Which is fine but for some reason the error even transfers to other networks. So I need to prevent users from rapidly clicking or trying to run scripts/bots

What is your GoDaddy service level? They are known to push their server load to the max. When I got off of them, it was a hugely noticeable speed difference.

What is your GoDaddy service level? They are known to push their server load to the max. When I got off of them, it was a hugely noticeable speed difference.

I'm using the ultimate hosting plan which is no where near the max levels on cpanel not even 10% utilization.

ya I agree with you all for sure but unfortunately I've just signed up for 3 years because they had a promo on their ultimate shared hosting plan:(

if you had purchased that plan not more than a month before.

ask them to refund and buy a cheap unmanaged vps.

this are cheaper and faster

i got one from milesweb so far no issue

somewhere around $8.5 per month 2gb ram 750 gb bandwidth, 30gb ssd storage

its good in this price as they have some 50% off offer going on.

If you need helpin setting up vps and hosting your site, i can help you for free.

Please not i am not coder and learnt everything what i know by browsing through centminmod community

my site loads in 4s on google page speed - same perfomance level like xF.
have letsencypt ssl installed - A+ rating
knows how to take backup from the vps (basic backup as i dont have rdp to download and reupload faster)

i can help you in settingup your site with url rewrite and protecting directories all for free.

if you want my help in this, you can massage me in private.

So far i observed 50 to 60 online user without any problem ( interms of xF 150 to 200 in past 15 minutes, my site is new, i started with xF1.5 upgraded to xF 2 beta 2 and now will be upgrading to xF2 Beta 3)

Wait...the shared plan? The $7.99/mo one?
yes thats the one I have currently a 3 year subscription for it was 200$.
Don't feel bad, we got locked into a 2 year Deluxe VPS plan, that wasn't by choice, the previous website we were running on was a dedicated windows server for $160/mo so there was enough credit to extend out on a VPS for 2.5 years. It was only then I discovered the horrid email system GoDaddy uses and their lack of intention to do anything about it. FYI they pipe all default emails through one set of outbound servers, so when your emails take 3-5 minutes to go through, this is why. Every outbound email from every site that operates on their system gets piped through one set of servers. Due to this, you cannot correct the reverse DNS mismatch issue, believe me I've tried...their response is "email is working, messages do get delivered" that was the response I got when I complained about the rDNS issue and email delivery timeframes.

Just consider it a lesson learned. Never use GoDaddy. For anything. Ever.

Don't feel bad, we got locked into a 2 year Deluxe VPS plan, that wasn't by choice, the previous website we were running on was a dedicated windows server for $160/mo so there was enough credit to extend out on a VPS for 2.5 years. It was only then I discovered the horrid email system GoDaddy uses and their lack of intention to do anything about it. FYI they pipe all default emails through one set of outbound servers, so when your emails take 3-5 minutes to go through, this is why. Every outbound email from every site that operates on their system gets piped through one set of servers. Due to this, you cannot correct the reverse DNS mismatch issue, believe me I've tried...their response is "email is working, messages do get delivered" that was the response I got when I complained about the rDNS issue and email delivery timeframes.

Just consider it a lesson learned. Never use GoDaddy. For anything. Ever.

ugh ya I did notice emails take forever. But I've invested too much already to switch this early. I bought hosting and website security, private listing, ssl.... I'm stuck for now unfortunately.

Oh man they took you big time... positiveSSL from ssls.com is ~$9/yr. get a domain on namesilo.com for $8-9/yr and the privacy is free (you can transfer to them also btw so don't renew through godaddy, they nail you there). Any host worth a $#@! will cover security for you, GD upsells it. Sorry.

So take what you have I suppose, the solution for the email delivery issue however is easy, just use pepipost, that's what I did while I was on GD.

It always pisses me off when I see a GoDaddy advert on TV... if a hosting provider can afford TV adverts, what're they doing? Unfortunately, most of the people that the avail themselves of their services don't understand anything different and don't understand that they can get much better hosting for a much lower price :(

Liam

Top Bottom