Users keep getting logged out

• Thread starter Thread starter account8226
  • Start date Start date
A

account8226

Hello XenForo,

I have a problem on my forum, I have a dedicated server with cloudflare, I'm using the reverse IP proxy for XenForo in both config.php and my litespeed settings.

I like visiting my forum each 24 hours. But each 24 hours I need to logg in back...

It's quite annoying for lazy people who won't loggin back and stay as visitor.

I tried using that rule :
$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;

uising my config.php; but it is making high loads on my server.

And I rewrite my www url to non www.

Regards.

The logout post:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/keep-logging-out-of-xf-with-chrome.22968/#post-286837

Are you using a memory cache? For the purpose of troubleshooting you should remove that line. This is covered in the above post.

Hey thanks for the help.

I don't know what do you mean by memory cache, but I am using the following lines in my config.php :
PHP:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions']['cache_id_prefix'] = 'xf_';
/*$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;*/

When I enable $config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true; it's getting my server high load so I removed the line.

If I have cloudflare, should I disable $config['cache']['enabled'] ?

Sory for my English.

It's making higher loads on my forum. Is this the only way to fix the problem ?

Did it fix the problem? If so then we know the session problem is caused by an unhealthy cache backend. You will need to check on your cache, make sure it's big enough, check the uptime, etc.

Did it fix the problem? If so then we know the session problem is caused by an unhealthy cache backend. You will need to check on your cache, make sure it's big enough, check the uptime, etc.

I just disabled it. I was afraid to make my forum lag. I'll let you know in 24 hours, thanks for the help.

BTW with CloudFlare, XF's cache is useless isn't it ?

24 hours after disableing the cache it looks like it didn't fixed the problem.

I have this problem and I am a cloudserver as well. Only for preparing to go back to my dedicated. My members are getting pissed and so am I. It logs us out endlessly. Did you ever get this resolved? Any help would be appreciated.

I tried this and it didn't work:

// Cloudflare visitor IP
if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP'])) { $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $_SERVER['HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP']; }

You mention a "cloudserver", but I'm unclear if you actually mean CloudFlare -- the line you've used is specific to CloudFlare. Other servers that pass requests through a reverse proxy may use a different header to forward on the original IP. You would need to adapt that line to use that header.

You only need the HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP check if you're NOT using a module in Apache or nginx that gets the correct users' IP address.

I use cloudflare and nginx, and caching, but I do not cache sessions, and don't have the problems you describe.

If you use CF's rocket loader, try turning that off, or try putting CF in development mode, or turn it off "as much as you can" to see if that resolves the issue. I don't use that rocket loader POS from CF. There might be other CF tools or options that are interfering with cookie expiration, but I'd definitely start with that Rocket Loader thing, and turn that off.

Top Bottom