Fixed Users dont get notification when their thread is merged

Marcus

Thread A is subscribed by users a,b,c
Thread B is subscribed by users x,y,z

If I merge both threads to Thread A, from my understanding only users a,b,c are still subscribers.
Subscribers x,y,z are removed as subscribers from deleted Thread B and not added as subscribers to Thread A

Solution: XenForo_Model_Thread::mergeThreads() can be modified to fetch subscribers from both threads and then add the missing ones from the deleted threads to the destination thread.

From my question http://xenforo.com/community/threads/whos-getting-alerts-with-merged-threads.57650/

No. Fundamentally they are different notices and relate to different functionality.
It caught us out once with an announcement.

It's a tricky issue. It's similar in concept to things that come up when merging threads, and I think we have that tagged as a future fix so I'm going to do the same here. The changes that I think are necessary are likely too substantial for an RC stage.

I think we'd need to do different calculations to determine who to notify than we normally do to prevent duplicate or unnecessary notify. Or maybe, we'd just need to create a whole new alert/email that explicitly said the thread was moved to a forum you watch.

I'm surprised this didn't come up before...

Thread watch records are now moved from the merge sources to the merge target if possible (basically if you're not watching the target already).

Top Bottom