XF 2.1 Users complaining when are replying to a thread and the "New Post" banner appears, moving the screen

deslocotoco

I think we all know what we are talking about.

This is a annoying problem (or feature?) that my users complaining everyday about it.

When someone is at mobile site, replying to a thread, the screen move to the banner "New Post" because the thread was updated.

There is any way of disable this?

Thanks.

There isn't an explicit way to disable it, though you can edit the thread_save_draft template to change whether it is returned.

Change the template to this,
HTML:
<!-- <xf:if is="{$hasNewPost}">
    <div class="message js-newMessagesIndicator">
        <div class="message-inner">
            <div class="message-cell message-cell--alert">
                {{ phrase('messages_have_been_posted_since_you_loaded_this_page') }}
                <a href="{{ link('threads/new-posts', $thread, {'after': $lastDate}) }}" data-xf-click="message-loader">{{ phrase('view_them') }}</a>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</xf:if> -->

Change the template to this,
HTML:
<!-- <xf:if is="{$hasNewPost}">
    <div class="message js-newMessagesIndicator">
        <div class="message-inner">
            <div class="message-cell message-cell--alert">
                {{ phrase('messages_have_been_posted_since_you_loaded_this_page') }}
                <a href="{{ link('threads/new-posts', $thread, {'after': $lastDate}) }}" data-xf-click="message-loader">{{ phrase('view_them') }}</a>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</xf:if> -->

Hello Ozzy.

Please, correct if I'm wrong, but, if i add the <-- --> this is going to completely disable the banner, right?

I like the banner, i just don't like the screen moving to him.

Top Bottom