1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Users can't login all the sudden - I've confirmed the issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Ludachris, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Ludachris

Ludachris Well-Known Member

As of this morning, users are getting errors - no data received, or connection reset. I am still logged in and can see the site fine but tried logging into admin and it just hangs. I opened a different browser and tried logging in to the site and got the same errors as users are reporting.

What should I try?
  2. Ludachris

Please someone help quick! Getting a few emails about this. Don't know what to do and am locked out of the admin panel. When I hit submit to login to the admin panel the Xenforo logo just sits there. I refresh and the login screen just comes back up.
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If it has just started then contact your host and ask them if any changes have been made.
    Errors of that nature don't just randomly start for no reason.
  4. Ludachris

I'll do that. Thanks Brogan.
  5. Ludachris

Was told cPanel updated Java last night. That's all that changed.
  6. Ludachris

They're going to try and recompile PHP since they saw some segfaults in the Apache error logs.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Reset connections and things like that are almost always down to PHP crashing.
  8. Ludachris

Good to know, sounds like recompiling should do the trick then. Fingers are crossed.