XF 1.4 Users can't edit posts, edit signatures, etc.

Giovanny

Hello,

Our users aren't able to Edit their own posts/threads, edit thread titles by slef, edit signatures, edit personal messages by self, edit own profile posts.

I don't know what causes this and i can't find the problem.

I'll post a few screenshots of the permissions. All of the permissions of the listed things above are set as Allow and there are none ranks who have never. Most of the users don't even have a secondary rank.

DHAoiUd.png

xio8H3J.png

I hope someone has a solution for this. I think it has to do with the .CSS files, but i wouldn't know which one and i either wouldn't know what i would need to add/edit/remove.

Thanks in advance!

You would need to use the Analyze Permisions tool (Admin CP > Users > Analyze Permissions) and click on the Node Permissions tab. Select a forum where the users are affected and the name of one of the affected users. Look down the list for the permissions and see if it is marked as "No" or "Yes". If it's marked as "No" then click for more details and screenshot that.

You would need to use the Analyze Permisions tool (Admin CP > Users > Analyze Permissions) and click on the Node Permissions tab. Select a forum where the users are affected and the name of one of the affected users. Look down the list for the permissions and see if it is marked as "No" or "Yes". If it's marked as "No" then click for more details and screenshot that.

It's with every user in every section of the Forum. We have 5.129 members on our forums. Isn't there another way to fix it?

That wasn't a fix. It was a way to discover what the problem is. Do it for one of the affected users, and we should see what is preventing those permissions from working for all of them.

Already fixed it, it was the Time limit on editing/deleting own posts. Needed to be unlimited, wasn't at all of them. This was like this for the other issue's too. Needed to set it to a number or unlimited.

Top Bottom