Usernotes for the Staff [Deleted]

It seems like your tab placement specifically aims to place the tab after the warnings tab. But your tab content is placed at the end by doing a string replace on the hook.

I think this provides the optimal compatibility with other add-ons:

upload_2014-3-29_12-52-5.webp

upload_2014-3-29_12-52-39.webp

Execution order 10 should probably be avoided too.

Both TMs should probably have the same execution order, but I think that two add-ons using the same execution order in the same place might cause issues. The best way I have thought of solving this issue isn't possible for an initial release, but for updates, the execution order could be the resource ID at the XF Resource Manager :)

Reactions: Dan
Dear @ExtraLicense
I am considering to have a new addon coded for user-notes with the following functionality:
  1. Usernote Manager in moderator bar, which lists the number of unread notes and replies to notes. (similar to in functionality to report manager)
  2. User-notes in thread format similar to report center. Notes can have comments.
  3. User-notes also listed on warnings tab in thread list format.
  4. Positive, Neutral and Negative labelling for user notes.
  5. Clearly display if a note is positive, neutral or negative. For example by adding a green checkmark, yellow scale or red warning sign in the listing.
  6. Filters to show thread listing of Positive, Neutral and Negative notes for all users.
  7. Severity/priority levels for user-notes: low, medium, high, extreme
  8. 'Add User-note' link on posts, reports and profile. Include a quote/link to the original content in the user-note.
  9. Alerts for new user-notes. (staff)
  10. vbulletin importer.
  11. User criteria for user notes: has at least/no more than X positive/negative user notes of severity higher than Y not older than Z.
Would you be interested to expand your addon or would you prefer a new addon to be developed?

Last edited:
Thanks for adding this. Please consider to add:
- one central place for staff to see all usernotes. For example by copying these to a staff thread or report center.
- categorize usernotes into positive, negative(problematic) and neutral.

Especially the first suggestion would make a world of difference for big boards where usernotes are often overlooked.

+1 for this.

I like this idea but i have a big forum and i prefer to have one page with i can see all usernotes. Without that, i will be very confusing (i know that there are the search function, but i prefer one "static" page) for some collaborator on my team.

Would you be interested to expand your addon or would you prefer a new addon to be developed?
Sorry, that's not going to happen!
It's out of the scope for this addon and we're also not going to code a new addon

Is this compatible with 1.3? I'm sure I asked this question already but I can't find where! (Or I'm going mad...:p)

@ExtraLicense there is a server error using the latest Elastic Search:
ErrorException: Array to string conversion - library/XenES/Api.php:154
Generated By: Steven, Yesterday at 9:28 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Array to string...', '/home/sites/avf...', 154, Array)
#1 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenES/Api.php(154): sprintf('%s/%s/%s', 'xfavforums', 'elusernote', Array)
#2 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(105): XenES_Api::delete('xfavforums', 'elusernote', Array)
#3 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/Indexer.php(105): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->deleteFromIndex('elusernote', Array)
#4 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/ElUsernotes/SearchHandler/Usernote.php(61): XenForo_Search_Indexer->deleteFromIndex('elusernote', Array)
#5 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php(278): ElUsernotes_SearchHandler_Usernote->_deleteFromIndex(Object(XenForo_Search_Indexer), Array)
#6 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(986): XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->deleteFromIndex(Object(XenForo_Search_Indexer), Array)
#7 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php(847): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_deleteFromSearchIndex()
#8 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1779): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_postDelete()
#9 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/ElUsernotes/Model/Usernote.php(436): XenForo_DataWriter->delete()
#10 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/ElUsernotes/ControllerPublic/Usernote.php(113): ElUsernotes_Model_Usernote->delete(19217, 'hard', Array)
#11 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): ElUsernotes_ControllerPublic_Usernote->actionDelete()
#12 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#13 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#14 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(46) "http://www.avforums.com/usernotes/19217/delete"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/usernotes/19217/delete"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["hard_delete"] => string(1) "1"
["usernote_id"] => string(5) "19217"
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

SHould be all fixed up now. Sorry for the inexcusable long delay
Hello and thanks for the update. Unfortunately I can't install it because I'm running 1.2 which you sent me December 2013. You added some functionality which we discussed at the time, but I can't remember for the life of me what that was. Can you?

Top Bottom