Usernotes for the Staff [Deleted]

BTW, probably it's better to wait for the next version before you start with the importer (some fields in the usernote table will be renamed in 1.1)

Agree, not necessary:)
And why should this complicate the import? Couldn't you just drop the title field?
No, the moderators use the title field. I'll have to merge it into the text. Not a big deal, but it does complicate things.
When is the next version due?

[Edit: one other thought. Could we have a user notes tab in the admin edit user page please?
The moderators will need to view/add user notes there.]

Last edited:
I know it doesn't specifically say it, but does this come with the ability to import usernotes from vB3.8?

Can we suggest that usernote permissions get an improvement, please?
By default no person should be able to read usernotes about themself. However, by giving permission via the Can View Usernote option, a person can read usernotes left about them.
Can we have a new permission please, which gives us the ability to prevent people from viewing usernotes about themself despite having permission to View Usernotes about everyone else?

Can we suggest that usernote permissions get an improvement, please?
By default no person should be able to read usernotes about themself. However, by giving permission via the Can View Usernote option, a person can read usernotes left about them.
Can we have a new permission please, which gives us the ability to prevent people from viewing usernotes about themself despite having permission to View Usernotes about everyone else?
Yea, this makes sense, added to the internal todo list

This is my suggestion:

Within the UserNotes Add-on settings, we have a setting that has this effect:

UserNotes on the profiles of Users who are in these UserGroups {selection} are Private.

If a user ceases to be a member of a selected UserGroup, the UserNotes cease to be private.

(e.g. we might set Moderators UserGroup such that notes written about them are Private)

Then,
All evidence of the existence of a Private UserNote (e.g. count numbers in tabs, the note details and content and so on) can only be seen by
a) the author of the UserNote
and
b) someone with the additional permission Can Read Private UserNotes

As with other permissions in the standard way, the permission Can Read Private UserNotes can be given to an individual or to a UserGroup (eg Admins, SuperMods).

Last edited:
does this mod show up in the mod log at top of forum and have an option for moderators to see actions in the mod log.

If so i will buy it.

as others have mentioned I feel its important that other mods can see such actions otherwise its pretty pointless.

mods may want to alert other members to the good or bad actions that a certain user as done

does this mod show up in the mod log at top of forum
Do you mean the moderation queue?
No, usernotes aren't in the modqueue (if they aren't moderated)

I'm also not sure why it should be. The moderation queue shows only the content, which needs some moderator actions (e.g. approve, delete)

It's IMO also not pointless, it's a feature for moderators, to see the history of the user.
I'm not sure if all moderators would like to see all new usernotes.

BUT this doesn't mean that we're not open for suggestions;)
What about sending an alert to all moderators, that user X got a new usernote (and because i'm sure that not ALL moderators would want to get such alert, this would be an opt in/out option)

That's actually a nifty idea (the Alert to all mods). Would be handy when multiple mods are dealing with the same issue.

I take it no-one was interested in the import from vB 3.8?
Wouldn't be that hard for me to do it manually would it?

Planning on importing the usernotes from vbulletin. 16,237 records.
Is there anything we should watch out for?

Just out of interest, the vBulletin usernotes have a separate title field.
Is there any reason you chose not to have a usernote title?

Im talking abut the modlog item list

it lists all items mods have performed recently, therefor if a mod had adds a note its would show 1 new item that mods can check

qjfveiZ.png

theres options in mods profile what they want to show up

Y6YhbRu.png

is it possible to add usernotes to this

Last edited:
Im talking abut the modlog item list

it lists all items mods have performed recently, therefor if a mod had adds a note its would show 1 new item that mods can check

wB1Ysdr.png

theres options in mods profile what they want to show up

Y6YhbRu.png

is it possible to add usernotes to this
Is this a 3rd party resource?

Top Bottom