1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Usernames cut off in Thread Avatar Block

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Cass, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Cass

Cass Member

I am having an issue where the username that displays in the little avatar block to the left of a thread post/reply gets cut off because it stretches beyond the block itself. I assume all I need to do is find the relevant place in my styles settings and tell it to wrap just the text after a certain pixel count.

This is what the issue looks like:
    [​IMG]

The user's name is WanderingSketchPad. As you can see, a portion of it is cut off before wrapping properly.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the issue has to be resolved in my group styling. This is the relevant group styling:
    [​IMG]

---

I think (emphasis on think) that the change needs to be made somewhere here:

ACP>STYLES > {Style} > STYLE PROPERTIES > MESSAGE LAYOUT

[​IMG]

... but I'm neither sure if that's the correct place to make adjustments, nor do I know what to actually put there. I would really appreciate help for this! :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Go one up: User Info Container. Increase its width.

3. Cass

Cass Member

That's really smart. I'll try that. I also had a thought that maybe it had to do with my user group styling.

4. Cass

Cass Member

Okay I looked into it, and I wouldn't want to increase the width to the size I would need to accomodate the long username. I'd rather fix the issue of how far the text is allowed to go before wrapping.

@Amaury