XF 2.2 User group promotion after starting a thread in forum x

Bellinis

Is it possible to to promote a user to an additional usergroup after the user started a thread in a specific forum? In this case an introduction forum.
So ones a user introduces himself, he gets additional rights.

Thanks!

Remove posting rights for the registered user group.

Allow it for the introduction forum.

Create a user group promotion to promote after 1 message to a new user group which has posting permissions for other forums.

Note that XF does not differentiate between messages - the first post in a thread is counted the same as a reply.

Thanks for the quick reply! This is a bit too strict though.
In my case users don't need to introdice themselves to be able to post, but just to be able to post in a specific forum (buying & selling)

Any way to accomplish this?

You can take a look to this add-on

You can take a look to this add-on
Thanks, that could work!
$35 is a bit pricey though 🙉

I'll see if I can find another way :)

I am confused. First you said you wanted to require people to post in your intro forum before being allowed to post in your sales forum, but then you said the offered solution was too strict, even though that's what you asked for?

It sounds like just want to prevent people from posting in your sales forum if they have not posted anywhere else. Is that correct? If that's what you want, you can do it with user groups and promotions.

If that's not what you want, you might try being a bit more specific.

I am confused. First you said you wanted to require people to post in your intro forum before being allowed to post in your sales forum, but then you said the offered solution was too strict, even though that's what you asked for?

It sounds like just want to prevent people from posting in your sales forum if they have not posted anywhere else. Is that correct? If that's what you want, you can do it with user groups and promotions.

If that's not what you want, you might try being a bit more specific.
Sorry if it sounded confusing.
What I would like, is to prevent people from posting in my sales forum untill they've introduced themselves in the introduction forum. :)

Custom development: $500
Available add-on that does the same: $35
Reaction: Priceless
I don't find the reasoning relevant. we can also compare the price of XFRM and XFMG which are at $65 and which offer much more than a widget which only lists the tasks performed by a user. I'm not criticising this addon that I would use too, but the functionality/price ratio doesn't seem terrible to me. That's just my opinion.

Top Bottom