Fixed Username exists message doesnt comes in mobile website

I've made some changes here to try to prevent this issue.

Ultimately, it's because Data Saver uses Google's servers as a proxy, so that's what we see as the IP. This IP changes from request to request which can cause sessions to be lost (as we do some IP checking for security purposes). A similar thing can happen with CloudFlare if you don't take steps to mitigate that.

I've made changes to our Request object to get the IP from what Google forwards to us if we can validate the request as coming from Data Saver. I've done a similar thing with CloudFlare, as that's a more common issue (though one server admins can workaround, unlike Data Saver).

Ultimately, it's because Data Saver uses Google's servers as a proxy, so that's what we see as the IP. This IP changes from request to request which can cause sessions to be lost (as we do some IP checking for security purposes). A similar thing can happen with CloudFlare if you don't take steps to mitigate that.

I've made changes to our Request object to get the IP from what Google forwards to us if we can validate the request as coming from Data Saver. I've done a similar thing with CloudFlare, as that's a more common issue (though one server admins can workaround, unlike Data Saver).
This will be fixed in next release ?

the bug is still there in XF2 RC3. just tested .

Works ok for me with DataSaver enabled now:

1511451563825.webp

It's possible that there are more IP ranges that need to be accounted for but generally I think it should be working now.

Well, the issue was on desktop for me previously, with the data saver extension enabled.

If you can figure out what IP address you're connected with when the issue occurs then that would help, otherwise there's not really a lot more we can do.

Top Bottom