Fixed Username exists message doesnt comes in mobile website

Affected version
Xenforo 2 RC1
When an user tries to register , if the username already exists , the message that "username already exist , try will some other name " doesn't comes in mobile version . It simply comes back to registration form again . (While in dexktop version its coming ok) .

I just tried this and got the "user names must be unique" overlay as expected. I'm not sure what would cause this other than something outside of XF.

Its not reporducable on xenforo . The alert is coming . But here captcha is not used on registration page . I am using recaptacha.
i have tried every combination . its not coming . also i haven't used any addon. let me see if i can find out anything more.

Last edited:
I don't believe it to be CAPTCHA related. We do have one enabled here but it's the new "invisible CAPTCHA".

For testing's sake, I've re-enabled the traditional version of reCAPTCHA if you'd like to give it a try. Personally, I still can't repo this.

C6B643C4-1F73-4959-AE69-2501011CEBC2.webp

This is almost certainly a lower level issue, such as sessions not being maintained, possibly because of a reverse proxy being involved. I can't access your site right now to confirm whether I can reproduce the issue though.

(On a side note, please ensure you keep the URL in your customer area up to date and that you're only using the license for one site at a time.)

This is almost certainly a lower level issue, such as sessions not being maintained, possibly because of a reverse proxy being involved. I can't access your site right now to confirm whether I can reproduce the issue though.

(On a side note, please ensure you keep the URL in your customer area up to date and that you're only using the license for one site at a time.)
thanks for reminding, i have updated my license url. the previous website just now DELETED.

Last edited:
Had you updated your browser, chrome keeps updating themselves and also ensure you do not have save internet data settings on by which chrome is use to reload page in offline mode when it finds network interruption (this is very bad thing they do, that's why i use firefox on mobile)

It's not clear whether you've tried again here since I re-enabled the full reCAPTCHA.

Do you experience the issue here?

I think I've just confirmed what it might be.

I've just added the Google "Data Saver" extension to my desktop Chrome browser. Trying to register on your site seems to produce similar results to what you're reporting. Dnyan mentioned it a few posts ago.

Do you have "Data Saver" enabled in Chrome? If so, if you disable it, does it start behaving correctly?

Incidentally, enabling Data Saver and trying to register here still doesn't give the same issue here. Perhaps it's something to do with us using https, not sure.

I think I've just confirmed what it might be.

I've just added the Google "Data Saver" extension to my desktop Chrome browser. Trying to register on your site seems to produce similar results to what you're reporting. Dnyan mentioned it a few posts ago.

Do you have "Data Saver" enabled in Chrome? If so, if you disable it, does it start behaving correctly?

Incidentally, enabling Data Saver and trying to register here still doesn't give the same issue here. Perhaps it's something to do with us using https, not sure.
Great . Turning off data saver disappeared the problem . Now its working fine . Thanks .

Top Bottom