Implemented Username Change Request what was previous Username

we_are_borg

Its great that users can have the option to change their username, but when the do others might not know that they did. I would request the option to show who he/she was under there username. So you see new_username and below old_username. In the admincp you should have the option to turn this on and how long its going to be shown in x days.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just to clarify a little more: we display (or can display) an icon indicating the name has changed. It's shown on the profile and member card. It can be exposed to the message user info if you wanted to, though that's unlikely to be something we include out of the box.

Well knowing Xenforo development we can make an add-on to change it. I want it like to see on this page for example between “Mike” and “Xenforo developer” but like i said add-on.

Just to clarify a little more: we display (or can display) an icon indicating the name has changed. It's shown on the profile and member card. It can be exposed to the message user info if you wanted to, though that's unlikely to be something we include out of the box.
I assume space was a factor in deciding not to show it in the message user info?

Thinking a name change would be useful to know while reading messages and such.

Space was a concern. It would be possible to add an icon indicating that there is a recent change, though there are some concerns about the ideal location for that (we already get usernames that can wrap or be forcibly broken for wrapping). As it stands, it would mostly just be a template to display an icon.

(In terms of displaying a name, note that there can be multiple names in the list; we store the date of the last change in the user record but the actual details are stored in the username change log itself.)

Top Bottom