XF 1.4 Username autocomplete problem

Baron

If I do a keyword search and enter in a username in the "Posted by member" field by typing the letters "swa" I get no results in the autocomplete dropdown. But if I do a search on the admincp homepage and type the same letters, I get many matches. I checked to make sure the user I'm searching for is registered, user state is valid, not banned, has submitted posts that are indexed, etc.

Is there something I can do to eliminate the discrepancy between the two autocomplete dropdowns?

The ACP search is "contains". The auto-complete systems are "starts" with. (It's unclear whether you're referring to the auto-complete in the ACP.)

The front end also doesn't auto-complete users that haven't visited for an extended period of time (months).

I thought userid serach autocomplete was recently changed in 1.4.x so that it only returns "active" users, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Oops, there it is right there:
"The front end also doesn't auto-complete users that haven't visited for an extended period of time (months)."

The front end also doesn't auto-complete users that haven't visited for an extended period of time (months).
That's what it is because the user being searched for was an old user that hasn't visited the site in years, but he had posted quality content while he was active, which is why he was being searched for by another user. Thanks for your help.

It's worth noting that they're still searchable; the auto-complete just won't include them (mostly in an attempt to only show more relevant results).

I looked for a long time to figure out why certain members weren't showing in the auto-complete! I'm glad I found it here. Is there a way to disable that "feature" so the auto-compete shows everyone? What is the actual setting for how long they need to be gone for them to not show up?

It's based on them not having visited the forum in approximately 6 months. There isn't any configurable element over this.

Top Bottom