Usergroups and Permissions

Kim

I set up a new Usergroup, and gave the UG a load of permissions - pretty standard kind of ones for a regular member based group.

I applied the UG to a test member, and now that member's posts are on Moderator Queue... :S

Confuzzled... What sets that option? Setting the Follow message moderation rules: to Allow or Default seems to make no difference, I have tested both.

UG_permissions.webp

Does the problem go away when you remove the user from that group?

After reviewing the list of group permissions I don't see any other permission that affects moderation. Maybe the permission is set elsewhere, like for the user account itself or in the node permissions:

Admin CP -> Users -> Permissions

> User Group Permissions
> User Permissions
> Node Permissions

Does the problem go away when you remove the user from that group?

After reviewing the list of group permissions I don't see any other permission that affects moderation. Maybe the permission is set elsewhere, like for the user account itself or in the node permissions:

Admin CP -> Users -> Permissions

> User Group Permissions
> User Permissions
> Node Permissions

Moving the test member back to the Members group elminates the issue, so it would appear to be the UG set up, so the big question is how to fix it :S odd.

I just created a test group and added a user to it (removing them from the registered group).

All I set to Allow was Follow message moderation rules: and Post new thread:

I was able to post OK with that.

acp_permissions_post.webp

I just created a test group and added a user to it (removing them from the registered group).

All I set to Allow was Follow message moderation rules: and Post new thread:

I was able to post OK with that.

View attachment 5678

Hmmm will try that, but I have to wonder if this is as it should be? Surely the other options should be selectable too?

The "Follow message moderation rules" is definitely the permission for posts being posted without approval.
The other permissions shouldn't affect it so yes, you should be able to set those as you wish.

OK I think I have it now.. I had it set as I did originally, with all the options set to on, and for some reason it is now working.

I think the issue is my test user is using IE which caches like a demon and he wasn't getting the new permissions when I applied them.

Glad you sorted it.

I had another good look at the usergroup/node/user perms and couldn't see anything else so was confused why it didn't work.

P.S. Give your tester a slap from me for using IE :D

Top Bottom