XF 1.5 Usergroup Promotions

Glockie

Hello,
I have just hit a snag and was wondering if someone could help.
I run a promotion which is a downgrade, trouble is it ran on everyone with the criteria so had to make another one quickly to undo that..

Okay so basically I am downgrading inactive accounts. So I have used "User has not visited for at least X days" and set it to say 120.
Then in other criteria I have a custom field choice added.
I tested with and without "is member of usergroup" and no matter what I do, all members with custom field 'A' selected, got thrown into the downgrade. Even some of my most active members accidentally.
Oops.
Any ideas would be gratefully received. Basically I want to change extremely inactive accounts into a secondary group. The promotions I run all work perfectly, but for some odd reason this one just scooped everyone who has that custom field selected and downgraded them, regardless of being active within the 120 days or not..
Thank you. :)

Would I be right in saying it works like so...
Promotion take effect if user has not visited for X days AND has custom field A selected
Rather than just because custom field A is selected irrespective, it will still promote the account?

The criteria are additive (AND), not exclusive (OR).

The member will have to meet all criteria in order for it to apply.
Hmm as I suspected.. blast. Okay thank you once again Brogan.. I appreciate your help as always.
:)

One min.. so even if user hasn't visited in 120 days AND has custom field A selected - they will get the upgrade (downgrade) regardless correct?
So basically I just need to make it, hasn't visited for X days - a complete blanket downgrade?

No my bad. they have to meet both criteria.
Okay that's how it should be.. so I am wondering why the promotion got issued for members who visited within the 120 day period..

Last edited:
Ignore me... it works but I have a bigger issue.
It did work but also included as I say, some of my most active users and this is why.. One of them even posting and active this morning, his account shows last activity 9th of January!
Even though posting this morning...
Anyway he was included. So it does work, but last activity is out by months! :eek: o_O

Last activity is only updated periodically (hourly basically). So it could be wrong for a short period of time.

That said, if he's been active on a daily basis, that shouldn't happen. If it's happening to just him, I could only guess he's using something (like Tapatalk?) which isn't updating the last activity time.

Last activity is only updated periodically (hourly basically). So it could be wrong for a short period of time.

That said, if he's been active on a daily basis, that shouldn't happen. If it's happening to just him, I could only guess he's using something (like Tapatalk?) which isn't updating the last activity time.
I think I have found it.. It goes back to a discussion we had some time back about sessions, hourly clean ups etc. I need to re-enable hourly cleanups as this controls last activity etc. My guess is, it is because this is disabled.
I disabled it for reasons listed here.. https://xenforo.com/community/threads/trophy-awarding-issue-very-odd.110236/
So I think it's this. I am thinking of another way around this. Thank you @Mike

Top Bottom