As designed User with permission can't delete locked thread

ge66

Affected version
Maybe this is expected but not by me.
I have a single blog like forum where I have set it up so that registered users can Delete own post and Delete own thread.
It works as it should, but I have now discovered that if I have locked such thread, the TS can't delete it.

One solution could be a new permission for TS to lock and unlock their own thread.

It is intentional, unfortunately so we’re not currently planning any changes here.

A suggestion thread is more appropriate in this case.

I'm not sure why you'd want to give a user this ability as it directly contradicts moderator power, making them powerless in this respect.

Best to make a suggestion thread for it if you really want it, as Chris D said.

I'm not sure why you'd want to give a user this ability as it directly contradicts moderator power, making them powerless in this respect.

Best to make a suggestion thread for it if you really want it, as Chris D said.
In that particular forum I have already given them (moderator) rights to delete their posts or the whole thread, because it is their blog-thread.
If I help them moderate by locking the thread they can no longer delete it as they could if it was unlocked.

If someone else would make a suggestion I would probably vote for it but if it is only me, then I can live with using one of the addons that are present but I still think it is a bit of a bug that you have the permission to delete but can't when the thread is locked.

Top Bottom