Lack of interest User Upgrades -> Require upgrade to purchase.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Verringer

I was kind of shocked when I saw XenForo didn't have this, nor did the addon that extends on user upgrades.

I have user upgrades on my forum, I use them for two ranks and name colour changes. Ignoring the inability to change the primary group as a user which MyBB has (and would be brilliant.. but I'm only making one suggestion today). The ranks are as follows: PrimaryUpgrade $10, Upgrade2 $15 and Colour1 $5. I want users to require PrimaryUpgrade, before being able to purchase Colour1 or Upgrade2. I feel like it's something really small, almost double. It's important for monetization, and it's important for users feeling like their PrimaryUpgrade is still worth something when users just come on and begin skipping PrimaryUpgrade from now on.

I find it weird that you can stop a user purchasing another user upgrade, after it has been purchased - but you can't make them go through a rankup system.

PrimaryUpgrade puts users into secondary user group PrimaryUpgradeUser. Colour1 and Upgrade2 promotions are only available to users in PrimaryUpgradeUser user group.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I want users to require PrimaryUpgrade, before being able to purchase Colour1 or Upgrade2.
PrimaryUpgrade puts users into secondary user group PrimaryUpgradeUser. Colour1 and Upgrade2 promotions are only available to users in PrimaryUpgradeUser user group.

And already within Xf :)
Could you elaborate? I thought it was weird, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

0808063231.png

Latest xF.

Could you elaborate?
I meant the /admin.php?user-group-promotions/ had a tab for 'Apply this while ...' allowing restricting promotions to certain usergroups.
I would expect it to be relatively easy to pickup the code from here and also apply it to /admin.php?user-upgrades/ as 'Make this available while ...'

Bump
I meant the /admin.php?user-group-promotions/ had a tab for 'Apply this while ...' allowing restricting promotions to certain usergroups.
I would expect it to be relatively easy to pickup the code from here and also apply it to /admin.php?user-upgrades/ as 'Make this available while ...'
Gotcha, I never actually saw user group promotions - have since used it quite a bit thanks to your post.

Top Bottom