User Upgrades - Adding user to specified usergroup as primary

Matt51723

I'm not sure if this is available, but whenever I have a donator I have it so they go into the donator group upon donation via user upgrades.

I have a program that links user login with different permissions within the program so once a user donates they're immediately unlocked. However, right now the users donating are going into the donator group as a secondary and their primary remains as registered. Is there a way to switch it so it changes the primary group?

I'm not sure if this is available, but whenever I have a donator I have it so they go into the donator group upon donation via user upgrades.

I have a program that links user login with different permissions within the program so once a user donates they're immediately unlocked. However, right now the users donating are going into the donator group as a secondary and their primary remains as registered. Is there a way to switch it so it changes the primary group?
this sounds like the path to perm nightmares.
i reckon you should leave them in the primary registered usergroup and add any additional perms via the secondary group.

On the forums yes, however in my case the user has to be in the donor primary group for functions to work correctly.
I really do not think how xf works in this regard is going to change, at least not in the near future. With other software there was a need for primary usergroups to change for proper forum permissions such as custom user title. Whereas that is not the case with xf.

You may want to change your other program you are referring to.

Top Bottom