1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.0 User upgrade problem - User was upgraded without purchasing an upgrade

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Jesepi, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

I have a user upgrade present on my forum for people that donate a monthly amount to the website. This adds them to a secondary usergroup that simply changes the font size/weight/color of their username, and adds a title noting that they donate to the website.

Today, there is a user on my forum with the upgrade formatting applied to his username and title, but he never actually did the account upgrade.
    • I've checked 'list active upgrades' in the admin panel and he isn't there.
    • I have gone into his profile, and he is not in the usergroup that would get him that username formatting.
    • His profile has no entries in it for 'custom title'
    • Paypal shows no transactions
    Pretty much, he has this formatting applied to his name, and I have no idea how it got there and can't see where it is coming from.
    Any ideas/suggestions?

2. Floris

Floris Guest

Check his usergroup, does he have permission to set a custom user title?
    Check the admin log, see if another admin updated his profile.
    Check the raw server log,

cat access_log |grep "his_ip_here" > userx_check.log

3. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

None of those point to anything useful. There are only 2 admins on this board, and my IP is the only one that I saw that accessed his profile page in the server logs.

4. Floris

Floris Guest

Great, then that stuff can all be excluded and clearly something else is going on. I can't think of anything right now as I am about to pass out from sleep deprivation/ I hope you figure it out and that this isn't a potentially serious bug in xenforo (though i still doubt that at this point).

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The user name and title styling must be coming from somewhere.

Are you sure you're looking at the correct user?

6. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

Yes, it is the correct user. I don't feel like I'm in a questionable state of mind, though that could be just me.

Brogan: Can I message you with credentials to take a look yourself, if that is permitted?

Floris likes this.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Of course. I'll take a look as soon as I can.

Floris likes this.