User thread subscriptions: do they import?

Wildcat Media

I've never used thread subscriptions on the vB forums I'm working on, but I had a user ask if his 1000+ thread subscriptions will migrate over to XF. Not a deal breaker by any means, but it would be nice to know if they migrate over or not as watched threads.

Thanks!

I take it that thread prefixes are also carried over? I want to eliminate a forum section, and am going to use a special prefix for those threads so users can click it and get the entire list.

If thread subscriptions didn't get imported via the Big Board importer, which in my case they didn't, is there a way to import only the subscriptions now that the board has been running on XF for over a month, and not screw up the db? I imagine it would probably overwrite any new watched threads that were added since the migration, or maybe duplicate them, but could there be a possibility of just importing them without messing with any existing watched threads in each user's list?

If thread subscriptions didn't get imported via the Big Board importer, which in my case they didn't, is there a way to import only the subscriptions now that the board has been running on XF for over a month, and not screw up the db? I imagine it would probably overwrite any new watched threads that were added since the migration, or maybe duplicate them, but could there be a possibility of just importing them without messing with any existing watched threads in each user's list?

Yes that should be doable. The data structure for watched threads is very simple.

If you give me access to both databases (vB and XF) then I can take a look and probably come up with a query for you.

Hey @Jake Bunce - wanted to ask you if it would be as simple as isolating the Thread Subscription import code from the Big Board importer and placing that code in its own file and running it? I would really love to learn how to do it.

Top Bottom