1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 User Tagging

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Ark Royal, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Ark Royal

Ark Royal Active Member

I have had a member report that he cannot use User Tagging. Apparently he types @ and the first 3 letters of a user name and is then presented with a list of members to choose from but when he clicks on one nothing happens. He has tried Chrome and Firefox and has the same problem in both. No one else has reported anything similar. Any ideas?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Tell them to try clearing browser cache or use another browser.

3. Ark Royal

Ark Royal Active Member

Will do but as I said he has tried Chrome and Firefox and the problem is on both.

4. Brogan

When it's a single user having issues, it can only ever be user defined permissions, browser or ISP related.

Ark Royal likes this.
  5. Ark Royal

Ark Royal Active Member

Can't see it being permissions as he is now saying if he double click really quickly it works :rolleyes:

6. Brogan

I believe that was a bug which was reported and fixed recently.

Something rings a bell concerning that.

7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Are you definitely on Xenforo 1.2 and using the tagging built-in? It's just that this sounds like an old issue with the Tag Me addon on Xenforo 1.1.

8. Ark Royal

Ark Royal Active Member

Definitely 1.2.1

9. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can yup update to 1.2.2? I'm with Paul on this sounding familiar as a fixed bug.

10. Ark Royal

Ark Royal Active Member

Its not a big deal and I'd rather wait a couple of days before upgrading as I have not seen any other issues with 1.2.1.