Implemented User Selectable Languages

ibnesayeed

Unlike Styles, Languages currently do not have a checkbox to enable or disable for user selection. Here are a few benefits of implementing this feature.
  • Parity with with Styles as the two have many behavioral commonalities
  • Allow gradual translation in new languages or different flavors/dialects of the same language without giving access to users before it's ready
  • Archiving obsolete languages without deleting them from the system

Upvote 13
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Surprised you didn't get a hint of a response. I found this as I am researching languages as a possibility to my forum. Your ideas are solid and would be great to see this in the way styles are presented.

Another reason for this highly needed feature is reserving English for XF administrative tasks only in forums that cater to non-English locales.

English in such forums is needed for running the technical side of things and not for the community.

A Simple switch to disable/enable languages would be very helpful.

Wow, this dates back tot 2015... I would really like to see this implemented.

I really only want one language for the whole site. I don't want the possibility to change the language at all. Not in the account settings nor in the language-choser.

So that's the second suggestion: if there is only one language active (could be an option I guess), then chosing a language isn't possible (visible) anywhere

Top Bottom