[RT] User Rank Ribbons

User Rank Ribbons 2.3.5

No permission to download
I'm going to review the code (may take some time) and compare why adding more seems to affect this.

Without yet having done so.... There really shouldn't be an ill cause by adding more of a current element

You are after all, only adding more of elements, right? (add more to that which is already there of the same thing)
That is correct.

Just installed this on a test site and if you attempt to edit the style it disables everything.

Ticking "Enable / Disable User Rank Ribbons" and saving at the doesn't stick its just disabled when you go back in :(
xenForo 1.1.3

Actually changing any settings on "[RT] User Rank Ribbons" seems to fail and unticks all settings even if your dont.

Removed 5 more ribbons. Now 15 ribbons. And it is working. Wierd. :confused:

Here is a working version. Only 15 ribbons tho. I'll try to add the rest and see if it works again. :D
This copy works, even on our LIVE site now.

Will report back if I find any bugs (or my members do). But if you don't hear of anything by the end of today .... Assume stable and working.

Found only 1 bug

The color changing doesn't seem to work. Not exactly sure why, but it's not really such a big deal for me.

Actually found the real cause, xenForo's input method is blowing up with the error "parse_str(): Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini." unfortunately this is hidden as "throw" is set to false so it silently fails. This will only happen on PHP > 5.3.9 as thats when this new limit was added.

Fix is simple increase max_input_vars in your php.ini

Actually found the real cause, xenForo's input method is blowing up with the error "parse_str(): Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini." unfortunately this is hidden as "throw" is set to false so it silently fails. This will only happen on PHP > 5.3.9 as thats when this new limit was added.

Fix is simple increase max_input_vars in your php.ini
Interesting..... I'm using php 5.4

5.4 will have the max vars limit, so if your seeing the same issue I was, yes its likely. Only takes 2mins check increase the limit and test :)
This is how my php.ini file is setup. I am using XAMPP on my laptop, and I get the problem. The semicolon needs to be removed to activate it right?

vars.webp

5.4 will have the max vars limit, so if your seeing the same issue I was, yes its likely. Only takes 2mins check increase the limit and test :)
I'm leaning toward this and everything points to this, but I'm trying to figure out as to WHY / How.

If it is a XenForo bug... I'd like to tell the development team something other than just pointing to this post and tell them that some add-ons (such as this one) may run into issues.

But for now..... I would say, yes.

Still reviewing code (line for line), but I admit that I am starting to review more XenForo code and not your code per say.

I'm on 5.4 here as well. Will try the latest version of this later and may try to increase my max_input_vars up from what appears to be a default of 1000

On second thought, Is it even possible that this is hitting a ceiling of 1000 field inputs?
There may be more problems if this is the case.

Edit: Just checked and my max_input is still commented out.

I'm leaning toward this and everything points to this, but I'm trying to figure out as to WHY / How.

If it is a XenForo bug... I'd like to tell the development team something other than just pointing to this post and tell them that some add-ons (such as this one) may run into issues.

But for now..... I would say, yes.

Still reviewing code (line for line), but I admit that I am starting to review more XenForo code and not your code per say.
Already raised the bug here:-
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/max_input_vars-errors-silently-hidden.34171/

Top Bottom