[RT] User Rank Ribbons

User Rank Ribbons 2.3.5

No permission to download
Hi Daniel
Nice work, but I do have a question about your add-on instead of User Group ID's could it be changed to individual Users? This would give us the opportunity to pick a user regardless of their User Group ID to assign a ribbon?

Thanks

Hi Daniel
Nice work, but I do have a question about your add-on instead of User Group ID's could it be changed to individual Users? This would give us the opportunity to pick a user regardless of their User Group ID to assign a ribbon?

Thanks

+1

So many addons for XF are geared totally to UGs without individual options. Not a complaint just an observation. I'd love to have this feature for this addon also.

Hi LuvMeSumZen
Yes I have noticed that, I wish I knew how to write code, but I hope Daniel will conceder the request.

Does anyone know how to make the Rank Ribbon appear on the Profile Page? It appears on my Xenporta Online Staff block, and also when you click on a users name, but not on their profile page.

Well first of all I don't use the add-on you can do what you ask without the add-on. I need you to create another User Group let say Test Member now after you create the user group go to the User Group Permissions make sure you leave all the permissions not set leave them grey ok. Now what you are going to do is go to the user you want the new User Group to be applied to and add the new User Group as a secondary User Group. OK in short let say you are adding the new group to yourself you are already the Admin so you will have Staff Member and when you pick the new User Group as a Secondary User Group Test Member it will appear under the Staff Ribbon. OH this will also appear in your profile page.......

Vinny

Well first of all I don't use the add-on you can do what you ask without the add-on. I need you to create another User Group let say Test Member now after you create the user group go to the User Group Permissions make sure you leave all the permissions not set leave them grey ok. Now what you are going to do is go to the user you want the new User Group to be applied to and add the new User Group as a secondary User Group. OK in short let say you are adding the new group to yourself you are already the Admin so you will have Staff Member and when you pick the new User Group as a Secondary User Group Test Member it will appear under the Staff Ribbon. OH this will also appear in your profile page.......

Vinny

That does seem to work for the most part, however, when I click on a User, and their little member card pops up (where it displays their avatar, their name, etc.) their group does not show. Do you know any way around this?

Hi Blake
Sorry you are correct it does not show up their but it does show up everywhere else! Now something to think about in the add-on it per user group that's how the ribbons work you don't have the ability to apply per user! The way I do it is per user so trade off no you don't get the user ribbon on the user card however I think is a better trade off it works per user......

Vinny

Last edited:
Whenever I try to edit the addon in anyway I get this error whenever I save (using the 35 version)

View attachment 67829

I have same error:

eLX3Thq.png

What can I do? @Daniel 'RTRD'

Sorry if this is me being stupid but for some reason some members have multiple ribbons.

I have set the User Group ID correctly but admins (ID 3) for example have the "Moderator" ribon which is set to ID 4. (Admins actually have every single banner :S)

Additionally how would the ban ribbon be used? I really like the idea but which user group ID would I assign it to?

Thanks

EDIT: SORRY sorted this issue myself, the member in question was in multiple groups.

Last edited:
Hi.

In xenforo 1.3.2. I can see the user rank ribbon beneath the user in the staff online box.
Now in xenforo 1.4.3 I can't see the user rank riboon beneath the user in the staff online box.

Since 1.4 isn't supported, is this a known issue or did i oversee something?

Regards

Nvm, I fixed the issue.

Go to template modifications.
Make sure your in debug mode. (P.S. debug mode isn't adviceable while having Live Boards)
Change the template modification of sidebar_online_users in the "[RT] User Rank Ribbons (35)" group with the title "Show ribbon under user and remove usertitle in staff online sidebar"

change "find"

Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
    <div class="section staffOnline avatarList">
        <div class="secondaryContent">
            <h3><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=staff'}">{xen:phrase staff_online_now}</a></h3>
            <ul>
                <xen:contentcheck>
                    <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
                        <xen:if is="{$user.is_staff}">
                            <li>
                                <xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" />
                                <xen:username user="$user" rich="true" />
                                <div class="userTitle">{xen:helper userTitle, $user}</div>
                            </li>
                        </xen:if>
                    </xen:foreach>
                </xen:contentcheck>
            </ul>

and change "replace"
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
    <div class="section staffOnline avatarList">
        <div class="secondaryContent">
            <h3><a href="{xen:link members, '', 'type=staff'}">{xen:phrase staff_online_now}</a></h3>
            <ul>
                <xen:contentcheck>
                    <xen:foreach loop="$onlineUsers.records" value="$user">
                        <xen:if is="{$user.is_staff}">
                            <li>
                                <xen:avatar user="$user" size="s" img="true" />
                                <xen:username user="$user" rich="true" />
                                <xen:if is="@UserRankRibbonsActive"><xen:include template="UserRankRibbons_member_card" /></xen:if>
                            </li>
                        </xen:if>
                    </xen:foreach>
                </xen:contentcheck>
            </ul>

This made me get my badge up in the staff online section.

Top Bottom