1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 User promotion question

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Anton_Bodryachkom, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Anton_Bodryachkom

Anton_Bodryachkom Active Member

Iam a bit confused what iam doing wrong
    goal is : when user registering and choosing : Female : it should put user to specific group as criteria meet (witch is )
    User Profile and Options:
    • User is the following gender: female

But when user registering and choosing Female gander , confirming account . Promotion not trigering and user didn not put in specific usergroup and sating in Registered user group
    PLz help
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  2. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

User group promotions are checked after a user logs in and they haven't been active for 30 minutes. Other than that, you have to wait for a cron entry to run.

Might be worth making a suggestion to the XenForo devs for this check to be done when a user registers. It may be an oversight as a user's last activity is set to the current time when they register.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

User group promotions do not change the primary user group, they add the member to others as secondary user groups.
  4. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

@Brogan is right, just spotted it does do it after registration as a special case.
  5. Anton_Bodryachkom

Ok i see. So promotions applies for Secondary User Groups as i understood , and promotion not triggered on registration ? how do trigger promotion on registration ? or what cron responsible for it ?
  6. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

It is triggered on registration, I was wrong.
  7. Anton_Bodryachkom

OK thanx for clarifying
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015