Lack of interest User posting isolation in a thread

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

nemesis

On large threads where a specific user is being followed due to their postings (whether it be from the nature of the thread or because of a story or whatever), I've often seen that people would like the ability to isolate postings to just a specific user as all they really care about is what that person said. You can click on the user and view their posts however if they're posting in a lot of different sub-forums or threads, it makes them difficult to track.

With that said, my suggestion: one feature that would be nice is the ability while viewing a thread, to click on a user who posted and isolate the thread so only that user's postings are displayed. I'd be surprised if I'm alone in that during a discussion, debate, or story that reaches 10-30 pages I've always wanted to view just that user's postings to see their updates, etc.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
A thread is essentially a written conversation between multiple people.

It seems to me taking posts out of context would render them meaningless in a lot of cases.

A thread is essentially a written conversation between multiple people.

This is certainly arguable. Calling something a forum implies openness to a degree larger than just a group conversation and would seem more applicable to someone standing on a stage and saying something out loud for all to hear.

It seems to me taking posts out of context would render them meaningless in a lot of cases.

Add an option with this suggestion that allows the user to skip to that posting in the point of the string to allow them to apply the full context. Their only option right now is to click the user's name and hope they don't have to sort through a mess of the person's posts from other threads.

I agree with Brogan. Taking posts out of context would be meaningless. It'd be like removing all dialogue from Star Wars except for Han Solo's. What's left wouldn't make sense on its own.

The only purpose I can see for this suggestion is for stalking someone.

Top Bottom