User Onboarding

User Onboarding [Paid] 2.0.3

No permission to buy ($35.00)
I'm also having this issue.

It has also been reported to me (and I've since tested) that any account that registers through their Google account can not clear the verify email on the user onboarding.

Thanks, I'll check both of these out. There isn't an obvious way to force updates but if you re-save the affected task(s), that'll give it a kick.

This is still happening.

In fact, this add on doesn't recognise any onboarding rask made on accounts with registrations through Google (I've not tested Facebook/Twitter etc). Example - an account registered through Google;

1612610019771.webp

3+ months on since reporting, I'm going to have to reluctantly remove this add on.

This is still happening.

In fact, this add on doesn't recognise any onboarding rask made on accounts with registrations through Google (I've not tested Facebook/Twitter etc). Example - an account registered through Google;

View attachment 245747

3+ months on since reporting, I'm going to have to reluctantly remove this add on.
I wasn't able to reproduce it at the time but now that you mention it again, (I think) it has occurred to me why this happens. I'll release a fix for it later if my hunch is correct.

I wasn't able to reproduce it at the time but now that you mention it again, (I think) it has occurred to me why this happens. I'll release a fix for it later if my hunch is correct.

Thanks.

I've just tested with Twitter too and it appears to have the same issue with avatars but I've not tested extensively.

Maybe a future update could be to allow users to manually tick off tasks so if there's any glitches/issues, they don't stay there permanently. If they dont want to set an avatar, they can just tick it off rather than it staying "Set an avatar".

Love the add-on. I am having an issue with the User has purchased any user upgrade though:

1613075863292.webp

I tested it by purchasing my own upgrade:

1613075891179.webp

and it's still not marked complete. I'm pretty sure I set it up properly:

1613075940560.webp

Let me know 👍

• Ability to group profile fields together for a single completion - i.e. instead of a drop down in the acp options, have check boxes for profile fields, so if you have 2 or more similar profile fields but you want them to fill out 1 of them (or can fill out more), that they can get the completion by filling out the one.
  • Have an option to have them enable push notifications
  • Upload/embed a video in the media gallery
  • Enable emails from site/subscribe to newsletter (would be great with dragonbytes email addon)
  • Have the ability to attach completion of profile to a specified trophy (I think mentioned in this thread already)

• Profile Completion (profile completion trophy in grouping option)
    • Verify email address
    • Add an avatar
    • Add a signature
    • Create an intro thread
    • Fill out [profile field]
  • Connect With Us (separate trophy option for this grouping than the above)
    • Enable emails/subscribe to newsletter
    • Enable push notifications
    • Make status update
    • Connect your discord account
    • Purchase account upgrade/gift
  • Social Media (separate trophy option for this grouping than the above)
    • Like us Fb
    • Follow us on Twitter
    • Follow us on IG

Just posting this as a reminder (removed the items that have since been added to the addon and bolded the ones of significance). It would be great to be able to group various tasks; i.e. the 2nd quote above. And in the group settings, allow to apply it to be enabled on a usergroup basis AND/OR (both options) if 1 of the groups is completed, another group will then appear for the user to complete. Also an option for the user to dismiss the box if their account is x days/weeks/years old and with acp options for how long it can be dismissed for until it appears again. If possible, add an additional acp option(s) to the dismissal "if user dismisses x times, dismiss indefinitely".

@NixFifty

If we don't require the default XF location field on registration, can this be used to encourage members? Or does it only work for custom user fields specified in Users > Custom User Fields?

Only works for custom user fields but adding support for the location field would be a nice addition.

That would definitely be a big thing for us. I know $40 isn't much but I'll buy a couple licenses if you find time to add this at some point.

Reactions: Naz
@NixFifty has there been any consideration for making optional tasks? I've been holding off on configuring this in the off chance that it is added.

It's on my mind but there have been too few hours in the day lately. :)
I'm like 3-4 weeks behind due to a computer failure, so lacking time is my very existence right now so I can understand.

I was more just wanting to know if it was actually under consideration, or if I should consider working out how to use this add-on without it. Either way would have worked, but I would prefer to have the optional tasks as that gives me a better way of bringing attention to different features.

Anyone has written a condition to check if a user is member of a certain user group?

Would this be something you may want to add in the future? Not trying to push, knowing that you're already very busy.

Top Bottom