User Onboarding

User Onboarding [Paid] 2.0.3

No permission to buy ($35.00)
People who have this add-on installed....

Have you noticed that users actually try to complete the steps like add a signature or avatar or they ignore? How much of an uptick in "compliance" did you notice?

People who have this add-on installed....

Have you noticed that users actually try to complete the steps like add a signature or avatar or they ignore? How much of an uptick in "compliance" did you notice?
I have noticed an uptick in completed items I've setup, however it's becoming to be a bigger sticking point than good at this time.

As mentioned above items that have long been completed are now showing up for users as un-completed. Re-Saving the item (such as email verification) seems to have worked for a few members, but I've got several other steps/items (such as creating a build thread or starting an intro thread) and those items are NOT working - even after re-saving them.

If possible I'd like to see the ability to mark onboarding tasks as optional, rather than making every tasks mandatory. I plan on using onboarding for guiding new members through the process of setting up their account and configuring custom options, but things such as signature or avatar or a few other things could be marked as optional, so that they can choose to do them or not do them as they decide.

Reactions: Naz
I have noticed an uptick in completed items I've setup, however it's becoming to be a bigger sticking point than good at this time.

As mentioned above items that have long been completed are now showing up for users as un-completed. Re-Saving the item (such as email verification) seems to have worked for a few members, but I've got several other steps/items (such as creating a build thread or starting an intro thread) and those items are NOT working - even after re-saving them.
Sorry, I missed this. Are you still experiencing this? If so, can you drop me a login in a conversation so I can take a look, please?
If possible I'd like to see the ability to mark onboarding tasks as optional, rather than making every tasks mandatory. I plan on using onboarding for guiding new members through the process of setting up their account and configuring custom options, but things such as signature or avatar or a few other things could be marked as optional, so that they can choose to do them or not do them as they decide.
What would you expect to happen to the widget once all required tasks are done? Would it disappear (as it does now) or still stay visible until the optional tasks are done too?

Sorry, I missed this. Are you still experiencing this? If so, can you drop me a login in a conversation so I can take a look, please?

What would you expect to happen to the widget once all required tasks are done? Would it disappear (as it does now) or still stay visible until the optional tasks are done too?
Probably would be best to have a way to hide specific optional tasks or to hide the block, rather than it disappearing if there are still pending optional tasks. At least that would be my preference for the more user friendly option.

My specific case is to guide people to things that are mandatory for fully setting themselves up for our site services, while also showing them options to make their experience better or give them additional functionality. For example I would not want to require anyone to use 2FA, but because we actually do allow them to make transactions, and the loss of their account could be a financial loss I would like to point it out to them as an optional step and then let them decide what they want to do.

@NixFifty went to try and go create a new user task and got this server error:

Code:
    LogicException: Template admin:nf_useronboarding_task_edit error: Could not find repository 'XenAddons\AMS\Repository\Category' for 'XenAddons\AMS:Category' src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php:258

Generated by: Rambo Dec 9, 2020 at 4:24 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/App.php(2715): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->getRepository('XenAddons\\AMS:C...')
#1 src/addons/NF/UserOnboarding/Condition/XenAddons/AMS/Article.php(37): XF\App->repository('XenAddons\\AMS:C...')
#2 src/addons/NF/UserOnboarding/Condition/AbstractCondition.php(80): NF\UserOnboarding\Condition\XenAddons\AMS\Article->getAdditionalTemplateParams()
#3 [internal function]: NF\UserOnboarding\Condition\AbstractCondition->renderConfig('condition[optio...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1166): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/nf_useronboarding_task_edit.php(30): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(NF\UserOnboarding\Condition\XenAddons\AMS\Article), 'renderConfig', Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1626): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('nf_useronboardi...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('NF\\UserOnboardi...', 'admin:nf_useron...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#15 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#16 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(31) "/admin.php?onboarding-tasks/add"
  ["referrer"] => string(28) "https://www.dressedwell.net/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["onboarding-tasks/add"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

the new task page would load but there was nothing there. it was just completely blank.

Probably would be best to have a way to hide specific optional tasks or to hide the block, rather than it disappearing if there are still pending optional tasks. At least that would be my preference for the more user friendly option.

My specific case is to guide people to things that are mandatory for fully setting themselves up for our site services, while also showing them options to make their experience better or give them additional functionality. For example I would not want to require anyone to use 2FA, but because we actually do allow them to make transactions, and the loss of their account could be a financial loss I would like to point it out to them as an optional step and then let them decide what they want to do.
Suggestion: why not make a "View information page about other features" task rather than making optional tasks?

Suggestion: why not make a "View information page about other features" task rather than making optional tasks?
Visibility. Being a task makes it more visible, and makes it more likely to have the task completed. Whereas putting it on a separate page is requiring more interaction for something most people will not care about, and also may overload them with information if there is a lot on that page. It is also more work to do a page and explain every feature and everything else, rather than just creating a task.

Most of the current available tasks are things that could just be considered optional to most communities. In my case I won't have more than 5 or so required tasks, and maybe 3 or so optional tasks, and that is if I'm struggling to fill in tasks.

@NixFifty There looks to be phrases missing or something with the latest update, or something broke:

1607771073576.png

"User has added game account" and "user has added game account for game:" are custom tasks added by a custom add-on.

Still hoping for criteria that checks your user group. Perhaps also the ability to add a user group to a user as a reward for completing everything.

The phrases (or lack thereof) do only show in the admin panel but I totally spaced in releasing an update to solve those so I'll get that out later.

Top Bottom